Wednesday 9 May 2018

Ready Player One Film Review

Hey guys, this is Abi here, 
And I've decided that, because I have a butt ton of reviews (both film and book), I'm going to be alternating the film reviews and book reviews. 
(Until such time that I have finished either the book/film reviews, when I will continue to post the other until I have caught up.) 
So because I posted One Dark Throne on Monday, today is a film review day! 
And up next: Ready Player One! 
Enjoy!

First, the poster.
Even after having seen the film, I still don't know what that random head is in the top left. Like I kind of get it, having watched the film, but if I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have got it.

I like all the technicolours, the scientific sort of background, but it doesn't give any clues as to what the film about, which is something that I like to guess at when I see a film poster, but that's just my personal opinion.

Now, on to the actual film.

When I heard that Steven Spielberg was directing this, this film turned from a film I was going to see, to a film I had to see. And it didn't disappoint.

First and foremost, the graphics and cinematography. They were up there with the beauty of Snow White and the Huntsman, when they were in the enchanted forest, and Maleficent.
It was a different type of film to those two, but the graphics looked both real and also super video-game-ish, which was exactly what the book to movie adaption called for.
What I liked about the world was how surreal (I guess you could say) it was. It was just really cool. That's really all I can say about it.

There weren't a whole lot of surprises regarding plot for me, as I've read the book, but even so, I was sitting on my edge of the scene the entire film.
Also, it all seems to move through the story pretty much seamlessly. I can't imagine how much work must have gone into making sure the filming and the moving through the story without a hitch.
It was all just so smooth!

Overall, I recommend this to all videogame players, all lovers of sci-fi, and anyone who thinks it just looks good! This was a whirlwind of colour, technology and a love of gaming, and that was clearly displayed within this film.

I hope you enjoyed my review and I will be seeing you on Friday with my King's Cage review: that's next on the list!
Byeeeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment