Wednesday 16 May 2018

Musical Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here, 
And because I feel like a break from the constant reviews is due, and because I will be playing Prudy in Hairspray in the next couple of weeks, I will be doing a tag on one of my favourite things: Musical Theatre!
Enjoy! 


Hell Yeah Nod GIF by Cats the Musical
1. Cats- Memory
Book that made you cry
I don't typically cry when I read books but one exception has to Me Before You, by JoJo Moyes! That one is a tear jerker!


2. The Phantom of the Opera- Masquerade
Book where the characters are not all what they seem 
I'm going with the Red Queen series with this- if there are double edged characters in a series it's for sure this one!


meryl streep GIF
3. Mamma Mia- Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)
Most Anticipated Book
At present, I'm going to go with Muse of Nightmares, by Laini Taylor, which is out 2nd October. But this answer changes by the day.

4. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang- Truly Scrumptious 
Book that you just go all fangirl over
I'm going to go with the Songs About A Girl trilogy for this one. The final book is out in a couple of months, and I cannot gush about this trilogy enough. It's cute, it has parents, a band, photography and an amazing storyline. It's so easy to fall into the story that it's one of my favourites to pick up when it comes to contemporary romance.

kids read GIF
5. Matilda- When I Grow Up
Book you read and loved as a child 
Other than Matilda, the book that I loved to reread over and over had to be Heidi, by Johanna Spyri. It's such a loveable story full of wonderful characters that I couldn't help but pick it up when I was younger.

the lion king parody GIF
(I'm sorry, I thought this was funny.)
6. Lion King- Can You Feel The Love Tonight 
Book where love isn't the main focus 
I'm going to go with an obvious one: If I Stay, by Gayle Foreman. This was a recent re-read and even though there is some romance in this, it isn't the main focus, not by a long shot.


7. We Will Rock You- No-one But You (Only The Good Die Young)
Book where the ending had you shocked
Three Dark Crowns takes the category for this one. I was gobsmacked for a full 10 minutes after I read the ending of this one.

john travolta grease GIF
8. Grease- Those Magic Changes 
Book full of magic! 
Stealing Snow, by Danielle Paige. There are a whole lot of different powers contained in the pages of this book.

hairspray GIF
9. Hairspray- Welcome to the 60's!
Book set in the past 
The Infernal Devices trilogy. This trilogy is set in the 1800s, in London England (go England!). One of my top five trilogies for sure!

10. West Side Story- A Boy Like That/ I Have A Love
Book crush
There are so many! Maybe Peter from the To All the Boys I've Loved Before trilogy. He's such a sweetheart, and loyal all the way through.

11. Moulin Rouge- The Show Must Go On 
Series You're Anticipating the Next Book/ Finale on
Evolution, by Teri Terry. The third and final book in the Dark Matters trilogy. It comes out 9th August and I can't wait to see how this insanely addictive trilogy wraps up! Both books previously have exceeded my expectations and Teri Terry has been incredible at wrapping up trilogies so far!


West End Live London GIF by Les Miserables Musical
12. Les Miserables- One Day More 
Standalone You'd Love More Of
I'm thinking I'd like more of "The One Memory of Flora Banks". I'd be intrigued as for what happens to Flora after the letter from her brother.


rent GIF
*Sigh* These two! (so tragic)
13. Rent- Seasons of Love 
A Book with lots of love 
I'm going with Noughts and Crosses, by Malorie Blackman. The two in these have so much love for each-other that it equals the hate that the rest of society has for one being white and the other black. And they're just as tragic as the two in the picture.


let it go oscars GIF
14. Wicked- Defying Gravity
Defied your expectations 
The two books that are currently out in the Frostblood trilogy. They were surprisingly easy to get into and they definitely exceeded my expectations.

So that is the Musical Book Tag!

I will not be tagging anyone, because I feel like anyone that wants to do this tag should be able to!

And that will be doing it for today's post! I will be continuing reviews on Friday because I (again) have a ton to do!
I hope you have a wonderful and I will see you soon!
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment