Friday 13 April 2018

Spring Cleaning Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here, 
And it's the middle of the month which means, it's time for a book tag! 
Today it's the Spring Cleaning Book Tag! 
Enjoy! 

1. The Struggle of getting started: a book/book series that you have struggled to begin because of it's size
I'm going to change this to present: The Mistborn trilogy, by Brandon Sanderson is a trilogy I have yet to start because it's so huge. I think sometime in the next couple of months I will just have a TBR of just these huge books because I doubt that I'll get to reading anything else this month because they're so HUGE!
I'm not at the point at unhauling them, especially as it took me about a year to find them all, but this is definitely the idea trilogy for this category!

2. Cleaning out the wardrobe: A book/series you wan to unhaul 
Well I did this recently, changed my bookshelves around so I had more space for future releases. And (sadly) that meant unhauling some books. One of the series that I decided to give away was the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series. I read the first one on recommendation from a friend when I was maybe 15, and it was super young for me then. Then I saw the entire series for £3 at a bargain sale one day and I bought the lot. But there's no way I'll be reading this anytime soon. Unhaul. 



3. Opening windows and letting fresh air in: A book that was refreshing 
It took a bit of searching for the right book for this category, but I finally stumbled across this one and it's true. This book teaches you to live life to the fullest that you can and to live every day like it's your last. It's a totally refreshing story and although I don't know if the film does the same, I can say that the book is completely refreshing to read and enjoy. 



4. Washing out sheet stains: A book you wish you could rewrite a certain scene in 
Honestly, I don't think I'm going to answer this. I'm a firm believer that the author wrote the book that way for a reason. (And I actually can't think of a book for some reason.)

5. Throwing out necessary knick-knack: A book in a series that you didn't think was necessary 
Although I did enjoy The Infinite Sea, not a lot actually happens in this book. At least nothing concerning the aliens that are taking over the world. We meet some characters that we don't actually start to care about until the final characters, and it goes in a totally different direction than the first book. The Infinite Sea is book that wasn't necessary. 






6. Polishing the doorknobs: A book that had a clean finish 
One book that had a nice clean ending has to be After You. I thought the ending was such a nice end, with Lou hopeful for a future after everything she's been through.
But of course there's Still Me. I honestly didn't think there was going to be another book, same as at the end of Me Before You.
In fact, let's just give it to both Me Before You and After You!



7. Reaching to dust the fan: A book that tried too hard to relieve a certain message 
I haven't, as far as I remember, come across a book that is trying to relieve a certain message. So I don't have a book to tag for this question.

8. The tiring yet satisfying finish of spring cleaning: A series that was tiring yet satisfying to read through 

The only reason that I'm saying that it was tiring to read through was because I was marathoning the entire series in two weeks time for a liveshow on the Saturday- that I ended up sleeping through because it was on at midnight in the UK! But it was super satisfying to be able to read through the entire series in like the space of two weeks because they're not tiny!

9. Looking forward to next spring: Tag 4 people that you want to do this tag! 
Elena @Elenaoftheuniverse
Savannah @The Book Prophet
Ingrid @HeartLikeABook
Noel @BooksWithNoel

Right, so that is my monthly book tag! I hope you enjoyed it and you of course are free to do the tag too, even if you weren't tagged!
I hope you have a lovely weekend full of reading, and I will see you all on Monday!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxx

1 comment:

  1. An obligation of appreciation is all together for giving such supportive information. I am especially fascinated with your article the End of lease cleaning Glebe | End of lease cleaning Neutral bay | End of lease cleaning Redfern and I am happy that I am connected with your site.thanks! Regards

    ReplyDelete