Monday 23 April 2018

Recommending Fluffy Contemporaries!

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And it's been what? Half a year since I've done a recommendation post?
So I reckon it's time for another one!


So these are going to be fluffy recommendations!
There are hard hitting ones, and there are fluffy contemporaries, the ones that are so cute that you want to cry!
(These are those.)
Just clarifying.


1. To All the Boys I've Loved Before trilogy, by Jenny Han
This is basically what I was describing at the start. This trilogy has been out for a while so it shouldn't be any surprise that it made this list. The first book starts with a girl named Lara Jean, who has over the past few years, has written a love letter to ever boy that she's ever loved, and then one day, they're mailed out! And all hell breaks loose! This trilogy has baking, the characters are adorable, and the sisters all work together and get along! (I swear to god, that is so rare.) But I finished the last remaining book at the start of the month, and it was the sweetest trilogy I have laid my eyes on in the longest time.

2. Love Simon, by Becky Albertalli
The cast of characters in this book! Simon in particular, that scene when he's in the bar! Sweeter than candy, this guy! The romance is also super sweet and I just cannot! Everything just screams cuteness, and it's one of my favourites, on both my normal list, and my favourite contemporaries!
3. The Start of Me and You, by Emery Lord
This book just made my heart squeeze! It's about a girl wanting to start to live her life after her boyfriends drowns, scaring her mercilessly. She comes up with a list of things she has to accomplish over a period of time, and it is the cutest book that I read last year. By far. And it thoroughly surprised me how much I enjoyed this book! There isn't even anything in particular that stands out for the cuteness. Just the way the MC starts to find her way back to the surface after a huge knock- in the quirkiest way possible! The characters are super geeky and quirky that it's so easy to fully relate and understand the way they are and oh, it's just the cutest!



4. Everything Everything, by Nicola Yoon
The main reason that this book has made the list was because of the relationship between Maddy and Olly. Their chemistry and Olly's determination to give Maddy as much as she can muster, and how you're almost not expecting what they're going to say next, and it ends up being really cute, that is the reason that it's made the list! I don't know if those conversations got carried through to the film because I haven't seen it, but that's what I love about the book.

5. Songs About A Girl trilogy, by Chris Russell

The reason that these books are on this list is that the characters are so cute, and whenever you think you have them down, like you know what they're going to do, they do something completely different and impossibly cute. And they go overboard, especially when they're trying to make up for something! Another thing, the couples and the love triangles in these two books! I'm not usually interested in love triangles, but I'm making an exception for this trilogy, because they're all just so cute! Last book in the trilogy is out in August and I cannot wait!


So those are my recommendations for cute, fluffy contemporaries! If you have read any of these, please let me know in the comments, and if you end up picking up these and loved it because of me, then let me know that too!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you all on Wednesday!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment