Wednesday 28 February 2018

February Wrap Up (2018)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
Long time no see! I have to say, other things that I consider to be more of a priority (like my future career and work) kind of came before blogging. I don't really regret that to be honest, because it's how it should be.
But that means I have a ton of exciting post ideas for next month!
(For example The Greatest Showman review, which I went to see on Monday :), so that'll be up soon.)
But so suddenly, another month is at it's end, and so another Wrap Up post!
Enjoy!

BOOKS
I read a total of five books this month (well four, because I finished My Husband's Son after I posted my January Wrap Up last month, but it still counts as January.)
But here's the list:

1. My Husband's Son, by Deborah O' Connor
This was an easy read. That was the first thing that popped into my head when I thought of this book. It wasn't truly captivating like one of my favourites, but it was an easy book to fly through. If you've read Baby Doll, by Hollie Overton, and was a fan of that book, I'd suggest picking this one up too. I have to say it had a surprising ending, but the rest was something I saw coming a mile away. A decent read.

2. Stealing Snow (Stealing Snow #1), by Danielle Paige
I have to say, I did enjoy this more than I thought I would. There were definitely some noticeable problems, I won't deny that. But the base of the story was quite interesting, I have to admit. I got a good look at the world, which I loved the different types of characters I got to meet along the way. Snow was a good enough character, though there wasn't much that was original about her to be honest. And the story tended to jump from love interest to interest, without really much depth to any of them. It was a dark book, and that was something that I thought that was done well. Overall, it was okay. I'll have to wait a while for the sequel though because it doesn't come out until 2019, but I'm willing to wait.

3. To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1), by Jenny Han
OMG THIS BOOK WAS SO CUTE I CANNOT. I finally get the hype. And when I finished this, I wanted to pick the next one up! But I was just like NO. I WILL PROLONG THIS TRILOGY AS IF MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. And March is tomorrow. Which means, I get to pick the next one up. As soon as I read my current read, which I'll get to in a bit. By the way, I will be posting a review for the book sometime in March. P.S. I loved this book so much, if you couldn't tell.

4. Handle With Care, by Jodi Picoult
Not unlike My Sister's Keeper, by the same author, this book read as something super familiar. But it was still an enjoyable read. (huge shocker there! Not.) The premise was that a woman with a child with osteogenesis imperfecta is suing her best friend. It means that if she had known that said child had this condition sooner, she would have terminated the pregnancy. It jumps from perspective to perspective. And reading it from a childcare student perspective was really interesting.

5. Contagion (Dark Matter #1), by Teri Terry
I just recently finished this, i.e. today. This was primarily a re-read to read emerge myself in my love of the new trilogy that Teri Terry created last year. The sequel came out this month and I am ready to pick up Deception starting tomorrow. This did nothing more than remind me why I love Teri Terry's storytelling as much as I do. I recommend this to sci-fi fans and anybody that thinks they might be interested in starting to read sci-fi.

FILMS
For this month I am just titling this section films as I have watched no tv shows (literally) this month.
I've pretty much watched only one film, and that was at the cinema.

The Greatest Showman

This film! I'm obsessed with the soundtrack! They're all amazing, all the songs and I want to see it again! For sure I want to see it again.
Full review coming soon.


So that is all I have for you today.
Man, it's good to be back! Missed you guys!

I will be back on Friday with my March TBR! (Is it just me or do you guys also love picking out the books that you want to read at the start at the month? Comment down below!)
I love all of you, and I will see you then!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment