Friday 12 January 2018

The K-Pop Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
Now, I got tagged for this a while ago, yet I follow through on my promises, and here I am doing the tag:
The K-Pop Book Tag!

Now, you might be a newbie, like me, having just been introduced to a few; you might be a pro, having watched for years, or you might have no clue what K-Pop is. So, K-Pop basically stands for Korean Pop Music. It's getting more and more popular with each passing day, which I'm not surprised about because it's so good!

This tag was created by The Book Prophet , who is absolutely amazing. I am so glad that she decided to create this tag, and I can't wait to do it!

Elenaoftheuniverse tagged me in this- I love reading her posts, so go check her out!
Thanks Elena!

Without further ado, here is the K-Pop Book Tag!

-Rules-
-Credit the creator of this tag, The Book Prophet, and link back to her original post.

-Thank the person who tagged you.

-Answer all the questions to the best of your ability.

-Tag as many people as you like.

-Have fun!


BTS- A BOOK EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT

There are a number of these I could list- Harry Potter, all the Cassie Clare books, Hunger Games, Throne of Glass, the Rick Riordan books, the Six of Crows duology. There wouldn't be a book community without these YA books, but I have to go with what everyone undoubtedly went with, and that is Harry Potter.


EXO- Favourite Companion Novel
 Although I don't read many companion novels. In fact, I don't think I've read any! So can I just opt out of this one...


NU'EST- NAME A BOOK/SERIES/TRILOGY THAT DOESN'T GET THE ATTENTION YOU THINK IT DOES

I haven't chosen this trilogy for a while now, so I'm going to go with the "Medusa Girls" trilogy. It tells the story of three identical sisters from totally different backgrounds (it has a couple of tropes but it's still a decent trilogy) learning to work together to prevent a future where the world will be overrun with medusa's monsters, centuries after the curse was created. I highly recommend you check the trilogy out.

ASTRO- A BOOK THAT GAVE YOU A HAPPY FEELING WHILE READING
I have to go with the first choice that popped into my head: I'll Give You The Sun, by Jandy Nelson. This book, particularly the ending, shows the inescapable bond of siblings in the best way. I don't know it for the low points in the characters' stories, but for the truly beautiful moments.

MONSTAX- A BOOK CONTAINING A DIVERSE SET OF CHARACTERS
I have to go with Six of Crows for this. There has never before been a more diverse cast of characters than this book. (I mean, there probably has, but I haven't read it, if that's the case).

A.C.E- A FAVOURITE RECENT RELEASE
I'll have to go with my most recently read new release, Mortal Coil, by Emily Sumada. Heavy sci-fi, which I love, and although I had a couple of problems with it, I will definitely be picking up the sequel. You can check out my review for it here.


BLACKPINK- A BOOK THAT STICKS OUT FROM THE REST OF IT'S GENRE
Even though I have yet to finish it yet- I'm about halfway through, because it is a hefty book- I already know that Strange the Dreamer sticks out a mile in the Fantasy genre. It's so hard to explain! But I guess you'll see more on my thoughts on this in my review, once I've finished.

SEVENTEEN- A BOOK WITH MULTIPLE POV'S
Because I've included pretty much every multiple POV books in this list (not on purpose) so I'm going to have to go with The Raven Boys quartet. I got an insight into all four boys whilst reading this stories, and one of my favourite parts about the series was how well the POV's were written.

BIGBANG- A MODERN CLASSIC
I'm going to go with The Perks of Being A Wallflower. When it was published, it opened doors for the mental health community, and was more or less a foot in the door towards banishing the stigma that people have had about mental health. It is as close as I can think of as a modern classic.

SISTAR- A SERIES YOU WISH NEVER ENDED
Oh, definitely the Songs About A Girl trilogy, by Chris Russell. The final book in the trilogy comes out in June and I AM NOT READY FOR THE TRILOGY TO BE OVER. I have no clue how Chris Russell is going to wrap it up, and even though I want to see what happens, it'll be kind of bitter sweet as I love this trilogy so much.

RAIN- FAVOURITE STANDALONE
Oh this is so hard! I think... I'm going to have to go with
The Book Thief, by Marcus Zusak!



Tags
I tag these people:



But, of course, if anyone wants to participate in this tag, feel free to do so!
(And then let me know in the comments :) ).

So that is all I have for you today!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend (I'll be working)
And I will see you all on Monday!
Byeee!

-Abi xxxxx











No comments:

Post a Comment