Monday 1 January 2018

January TBR (2018)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I hope you had a fantastic new year!
But now it's 2018, and with a new Goodreads reading challenge, comes another monthly TBR!
Here's my January TBR!

1. This Mortal Coil (This Mortal Coil #1), by Emily Suvada
So, I'm already about 50 pages into this, and although all the sci-fi is a bit hard to handle, like it goes straight into it, I already know that I will be continuing on with the series after this release. Just the attention to detail, and the world that has already been described to me has me biting at the bit to pick this book up after I've finished this TBR. One critic I have at this point is that you need to be concentrating when reading this, or else you'll miss something. More details, either in a wrap up, or a review.


2. Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer #1), by Laini Taylor
This is now the second book that I will be picking up in January, and so I have no reason not to have finished it by the time my wrap up is up at the end of January. I have heard a million times about Laini Taylor's beautifully poetic and lyrically style to her writing, and I can't wait to start this book!

3. Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns #1), by Kendare Blake
4. One Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns #2), by Kendare Blake

I figured that I may as well re-read Three Dark Crowns, if not to get the full impact of the story, but to recap on what happened in the first story. Three Dark Crowns was one of my favourite books of 2017, and I'm hoping that One Dark Throne continues that hype, because One Dark Throne has had nothing but fantastic reviews.
This is one world that I cannot wait to get back into, and hopefully the second is just as good!


5. Stealing Snow, by Danielle Paige
I tried to read this a year and a bit ago, and there was something about the writing that I just didn't click with. Yes, it was cold, and perfectly captured what you'd associate with a snow white retelling, but there was nothing I could like about the book. I think, if I don't click with it this time, I might just DNF it. But as of now, I am giving it another chance to see if I read and relate to anything different this time.


So, that is my January TBR (2018)! Let's get the year off to a good start, and read some incredible books! And don't forget to let me know what you guys plan to read this month!
That is all I have for you guys today, and I will see you all on Wednesday, with my Anticipated Releases for 2018!
I hope you have a lovely day, and I will see you then!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment