Wednesday 20 December 2017

TBR Jar for 2018

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I was going to post this on Friday but I just did not have time.
College work did take priority, but since I've more or less finished that, I'm just reading through it, I thought, why not do a post?
I sort of introduced this a couple of months back, with a few ideas of what I wanted to do with this in 2018, so you can go and find that on Post Pandemonium (2017) if you want to.
But, since 2018 isn't far off, I thought it fitting that I post an official documentation of what it all is.
Enjoy!


1. A Stephen King book-It
Since I got this for Christmas this year, why shouldn't it be It? Maybe I'll pull an all-nighter and read it cover to cover. Although that would probably be kind of stupid, considering it's a horror. Maybe around Halloween, the season for scary stories? All I know is, I'm super excited to get to this some time next year.

2. The Witchlands trilogy?, by Susan Dennard
If these don't look familiar, these are the UK covers, though I'm not too sure about the last one. Originally, I was just going to include the first two books, but since Bloodwitch is out on the 7th January, (if I'm not mistaken), then it made sense to add the whole trilogy? to the list.
The Witchlands trilogy is a story about two best friends, on the run after something (not sure what) drastic and disastrous happens. Just the fact that this is the story of two best friends has me excited to read this, because how often do we read about two best friends (that are both girls), honestly?

3. Victoria Schwab books
Either one of these I love the sound of, should I aim for both? I just need to get my hooks into V.E Schwab's books!



4.  1 Graphic novel/ Manga
I want to read at least one Graphic novel/ manga in 2018. These are becoming increasingly relevant and popular and it's something I want to be a part of.

5. A Shadow Bright and Burning, and A Poison Dark and Drowning, by Jessica Cluess
I kind of stumbled across this trilogy/ series? (Don't even know what to call them anymore).
Anyway, I stumbled across it almost by accident. I think I was searching blogs and articles about someone's favourite series' or something, and I came across this. I remembered seeing these two books in Booktube, and so I checked out Goodreads, and here it is, on the list. A Shadow Bright and Burning is about Henrietta, the first female sorcerer, and she's prophesied for something, but is she? Yes, there is some romance in it, but from what I've heard, there's some hype for it, and I'm willing to give them a try. 

6. Lord of Shadows and Queen of Air and Darkness, by Cassandra Clare
Having finished Lady Midnight in September, it made sense to include these two on my TBR for 2018. Queen of Air and Darkness doesn't get released until the start of December, so it might be a while until I pick these up, but that just gives me time to read the rest on this list!
And then, when I read these, I will be officially caught up on all Cassandra Clare books! I can hardly wait! 

7. The Help, by Kathryn Stockett
Although this is a lot more of a recent addition than the others were, I think this is a book I want to read first. I can't explain it, it's the same I can't wait to see the 'The Hate U Give' film, and the reason I want to watch 'Hidden Figures', a film about three woman that played a huge part in getting astronaut John Glenn into Orbit. (I'm getting the DVD in January). I find these books and films super interesting, and I can't wait to read this!

So those are the books that I'm including in my TBR Jar for 2018! Let me know if there's anything on this list that you're thinking of picking up in 2018, and we can discuss them in the comments!
I hope you all have a lovely week, and I will see you on Friday!
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment