Friday 29 December 2017

2017 WRAP UP

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And since this is the last opportunity I have to post, that means the 2017 WRAP UP!

This one is going to be sort of different to the usual wrap ups,
(which is kind of fitting because I barely read any books this month)
so it's kind of a lookback at the books I've read this year.

But hopefully you all enjoy it!
...Enjoy?
K thanks!


What I Read In December
So, I think I read like three books, which is why I'm just going to be listing them.
I wanted to finish Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor, but it became clear that that was just not going to happen. So, next month, I promise!
So here are the books that I read this month:
1. Last Stand of Dead Men (Skulduggery Pleasant #8), by Derek Landy
2. The Dying of the Light (Skulduggery Pleasant #9), by Derek Landy
3. Resurrection (Skulduggery Pleasant #10), by Derek Landy

I may not have finished all the books I wanted to, but I'm happy to have finished my re-read of Skulduggery Pleasant, especially as the sequel to Resurrection is out in like May.
(And no, I will not be re-read the entire series again when that rolls around, don't worry).


Debut Authors I Picked Up This Year &
New Authors I Picked Up
For the second one, is just authors that I picked up this year that I haven't read anything by before.
(They'll be different sections).
When it comes to debut authors, I haven't really made an effort to pick up debut authors, so I have no clue how many I've read this year. Here they are:

Debut Authors I Picked Up
1. Everything Everything, by Nicola Yoon
2. Caraval, by Stephanie Garber
3. The Hate U Give, by Angie Thomas
4. Frostblood, by Elle Blake
5. One of Us Is Lying, by Karen M. McManus

New Authors I Picked Up
Now, I'm going to post this in a paragraph, just so the list is not a mile long. But can you decipher any new authors that you picked up this month? Let me know in the comments!
Elly Blake, Nicola Yoon, Hollie Overton, Emily Barr
Ruta Sepetys, Stephenie Garber, Jennifer Brown
Eric Lindstrom, Francis Hardbringe, Angie Thomas
Katherine Rundell, Claire North, Jennifer Bell
Jeff Giles, Kendare Blake, Emma Cline
Patrick Lawrence, Liane Moriarity, Karen M. McManus
Dave Eggers, Adam Silvera, Paula Hawkins
e.lockhart, Emery Lord, R.J. Palacio

Goals I Set For Myself In 2016
So, if you've been here a while, (a year, really) then you know that I set myself a number of goals that I hoped to accomplish (you can check it out because the link is here)
And, it looks like I completed ALL of them!
Yay! I feel so accomplished.
Did you have a goal that you accomplished this year?

Series and Trilogies That I Completed this year
I thought I would post a section of this because I did rather well this year when it came to series' and trilogies! So here are what I completed this year:
1. Demon Road trilogy, by Derek Landy
2. Passenger duology, by Alexandra Bracken
3. The Raven Boys series, by Maggie Stiefvater
4. Flawed duology, by Cecelia Ahern
5. Six of Crows duology, by Leigh Bardugo
6. The Infernal Devices trilogy, by Cassandra Clare

And finally...
I HAVE NETFLIX
THAT'S RIGHT, I HAVE NETFLIX.
I got it yesterday and the only other thing that I have done (apart from this post) other than watching it was sleep...
Yeah, I need to be constructive.
But... Netflix.
Just wanted to let you know that next year, there might be some opinion posts about tv shows on here in the next year or so.
Just letting you know now!


So that is my 2017 Wrap Up!
I hope you enjoyed it, and I am now ready to say goodbye to 2017, (as bad as it has been) and to hope that we get a decent year in 2018.
That is all that I have for you today guys!
Have a happy new year and I'll see you on Monday!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment