Monday 27 November 2017

November Wrap Up (2017)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And even though my November Wrap Up was scheduled for Wednesday, I've decided to focus all the time I have on my novel, so I'm telling you know that I've decided not to post on Wednesday.
But on the other hand, here's my wrap up for this month!
Enjoy!


BOOKS
I read a total of 9 books, and these were basically the books on my TBR. The list is:

1. Turtles All the Way Down, by John Green
I did not include this on my TBR because by the time I'd posted this, I'd already finished it. Review coming for this at some time in December, especially as I have yet to review a John Green book, and the next one, we may have to wait a while for!
One thing I will say about this book is that it's so easy to put yourself in Aza's ever tightening circle of anxiety that she has you squirming in your seat at some of her more intense thoughts...
Especially when she's driving.
I'll leave it at that. So, to put it bluntly, if you get squeamish easily, prepare yourself.


The film for this truly wonderful is out Friday, and I am so glad that I managed to pick it up beforehand. I am of course, going to see the film, and I will definitely be reviewing it.
Or, I could do a comparing post, between the two? Let me know in the comments if that's something you think you'd be interested in!
But this whole book... is just beautiful. The quotes "Be kinder!" Just makes my heart melt. And the message behind it, it almost made me cry. Absolutely, one of my favourites for this year. Totally recommend!

3. Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant #1), by Derek Landy

4. Playing With Fire (Skulduggery Pleasant #2), by Derek Landy

5. The Faceless Ones (Skulduggery Pleasant #3), by Derek Landy

6. Dark Days (Skulduggery Pleasant #4), by Derek Landy

7. Mortal Coil (Skulduggery Pleasant #5), by Derek Landy

8. Death Bringer (Skulduggery Pleasant #6), by Derek Landy

9. Kingdom of The Wicked (Skulduggery Pleasant #7), by Derek Landy

So... I haven't finished the entire series... yet. I have a couple of books, as well as the spin-off that I'm currently reading, and the collection of novellas before I finished my re-read of Skulduggery Pleasant, and at the moment I am absolutely loving this trilogy. I can't believe how alike it all is (well, of course it is because it's a re-read). But it's so strange, and so amazing, getting to fall in love with the characters, and the story and the world, all over again.
I feel like I've talked this series to death on here, but for me, this is the series, the one I grew up with, the one I can't seem to let go off. And I don't want to.
Just, try it. Because this series is magic.


As for TV SHOWS/ FILMS and WRITING, I haven't really done or watched much of either.
Though I did slick The Perks of Being A Wallflower, which is one of my favourite films. And not just for Ezra Miller who, did you know, played Credence in Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them?!?! And I figured it out, all by myself!

So, that is my November Wrap Up (2017)! I hope you enjoyed it, and don't forget to let me know in the comments if you would like to see a Wonder comparison post!
I hope you have a lovely day, and get you're nose stuck in lots of books!
Byeeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment