Wednesday 22 November 2017

November Book Haul (2017)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And even though this isn't going to be the biggest book haul I've ever done, I'm super excited to share what books I've recently obtained.
And so, with further ado, here's my November Book Haul for 2017!

1. The Crow Girl, by Erik Axl Sund
First thought about this was how big it looks. I kid you not, this has cleared 500 pages. And as a paperback, that's all the more intimidating. But there was something about this book that caught my eye. That, and the fact that my friends at Waterstones recommended this. So, I figured, why not pick it up? The Crow Girl is a psychological thriller, and starts at a murder, the victim's hands bound, and covered in marks. When Detective Jeanette Kihlberg uncovers two more, with the same factors, she realises she is hunting a serial killer. With everything she has ever worked for on the line her, along with psychotherapist Sofia, they uncover a chain events that lead back to 50 years ago- but what will this line lead them to? Yes it sounds cheesy, but there's something about it that makes my skin crawl. And for me, that's a good reason to pick it up.  



2. The Host, by Stephenie Meyer
You'd think with me having read Twilight, as well as The Chemist, that I would have got through this. But, I've never got all the way through it. I don't DNF many books, and I don't know why I put this down when it was good, but put it down I did. But don't fear, I have a physical copy now, and read it I shall. And besides, the last time I picked this up, was like 6 years ago, so hopefully my tasted have changed since I was fourteen. Who know? Maybe it hasn't. But I'll get to find out with this anyway.



3. Handle With Care, by Jodi Picouolt
Not going to apologise for having obtained yet another Jodi Picoult. Yes, it has a trial from what I'm heard. But this sounds beautiful and intense and like your standing on a knife-edge constantly. This centres around a family where the youngest daughter has a severe bone condition called osteogenesis, where bones break much more easily. The story takes place when the family decide to sue the hospital concerning their daughter's condition (not too sure of the details at this point), but what it comes down to, is the fact that, in order to win the case, they would have to admit that they wish their daughter had never been born. And just from that, I'm ready to pick this up. Soon.

4. The Diary of Anne Frank

WHAT A COINCIDENCE IS THIS? That I just HAPPEN to stumble across a copy when I'm playing her sister. (That was last week by the way and I was sobbing by the end because that cast is my family). But no doubt, this is something I will be reading next month. Not only because of the play, but because of the power of words, but also how hopeful and light the words were- even in the face of darkness.


So... that's my November Book Haul (2017)! I hope you enjoyed it, and if you have any thoughts on these books, if you enjoyed any, if you absolutely hated any and you want to tell me that, let me know in the comments below!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you all on Friday!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment