Monday 14 August 2017

Book Lovers Survival Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I've twice this tag has been showing up on my Booktube feed, so I figured it was time I put it into words!
Enjoy!

Basically, the question to Book Lovers Survival Tag is to talk about 5-8 books that you would take to a desert island for an unforeseeable amount of times.

I'm choosing 8 books because they still would not be enough. (Obviously)

1. Twilight Reimagined, by Stephanie Meyer
Okay, I know this is kind of cheating, but it counts, because it's one book. And this can be read a bunch of ways too, like a chapter at a time, and it would be interesting to see how the stories unfold separately. Also, it gives me a chance to still have twilight close to me on this desert island!
2. My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult
I love this book so much I wrote an essay on it, so it would make sense that I would bring it with me. I love the sense of family dynamic, especially as there is a lot of conflict within that family dynamic, and fans of Jodi Picoult know as well as I do that she is one for twist endings. In short, Jodi Picoult knows how to make a well rounded story, and well rounded characters.

3. Carry On, by Rainbow Rowell
Truthfully, I don't know why I picked this. It might be something about how Rainbow Rowell did a really good job at a juxtaposition story: darkness and light within the characters and the story, a good combination between fast paced action, and character development, which was always first class. But this story just screams cute, which is one of the biggest reason why I chose it.

4. Heartless (Heartless #1), by Marissa Meyer
When I encountered the tag, I knew straightaway that I wanted a fairytale retelling on this list. And at this point, I didn't want to use up all the options I have left, so I settled for this. It doesn't have a cliffhanger, and there's only book in the series out so far. It includes baking, and the description is so good it just makes me want to eat until I BURST, and there's also an extremely good character arc that starts with an innocent girl, in love for the first time, that turns into the ruthless Queen of hearts.  

5. The One Memory of Flora Banks, by Emily Barr
I was deliberating for the longest time about whether to include this because not a whole lot happens in this book. But just this ending, the ending had me wanting more, and it was something that I was looking for throughout the entire book, and then you get that at the end and it just had me wanting MORE. Like another book entirely. Those of you that haven't read this won't understand, but those that have read it will understand why I want more. Just, I need this type of book on a deserted island because I need a book that is going to get me physically running around the island in frustration. Don't ask me why.

6,7,8. The Legend trilogy (Legend, Prodigy, Champion), by Marie Lu
Again, I knew I wanted some form of trilogy in this selection, and I was honestly going between the Legend trilogy, and the Divergent trilogy, both of which I've only read once before. Just something about the bond that Day and June have is just a little bit more real than Tris and Four put this trilogy in favour. Also the fact that I read this trilogy like my ass was on fire, and I can still remember every aspect of the plot even half a year later. ... And it reduced me to tears whilst reading it, which barely ever happens. Which is why I chose this trilogy.

Okay, so that was the Book Lovers Survival Tag! I hope you enjoyed it, and I will see you all on Wednesday!
Goodbyeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment