Wednesday 23 August 2017

August Book Haul (2017)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And... this month I've obtained some new books.
What else is new?
So I thought it was time that I share them with you.
Here's my August Book Haul!
Enjoy!


1. Aaru (The Aaru Cycle #1), by David Meredith
Even though I don't have the physical copy of this book, I have the ebook on my Kindle, I'm still counting it, because it's a new book I've got! Aaru is about a family that is waiting for the storm- Rose is dying of cancer. But all is not lost. When her mind and her personality is uploaded to a computer she is able to live inside Aaru, a world based on a computer based entirely on what she wants it to be. I have a spoiler free review on my blog if you are interested in seeing any more of my in depth thoughts, which is part of the exchange I made to read this book.


2. New World: Rising (New World #1), by Jennifer Wilson 
I really just took a flying leap with this one. Also, on the kindle, when Benjaminoftomes talked about the free copy for ONE DAY ONLY, I literally just downloaded this on a whim. But having read the synopsis on Goodreads, it sounds like a decent book. It's book one in a new trilogy, and it's about a girl that has one goal: surviving on the outside of The Walls. An orphan since the age of eleven, this is a book about survival, instinct (who can she trust in a world that is against her), trauma and human connection, this truthfully, sounds like a very interesting book.

3. Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3), by Cassandra Clare
Guys! Story time! I ordered this off of Ebay- and the picture showed the old design. So I ordered it... and it showed up with the new design! Not that it matters, but I did want them to match... I'll hopefully be marathoning the trilogy next month, because I now have the complete Infernal Devices trilogy! And you can expect reviews for all of them!  I'm so excited! Let me know in the comments if you have any thoughts on the Infernal Devices because I know that most of you love this trilogy!

4. We Were Liars, by E. Lockhart
I don't know too much about this either, which was kind of planned because I heard from somewhere that it's better to go straight into this book without knowing too much about it, and that's exactly what I plan to do. What I do know is that you have to try and tell what is real and what is fake, and that this book can be called surreal and mysterious, and I hope to read it soon because it's been the longest time that I've wanted to read this!

5. History Is All You Left Me, by Adam Silvera
This is a book that I have blogged about repeatedly about wanting to read this: and now I will! This is about Griffin, a boy dealing with the fact that his best friend and ex-lover, someone who he thought he would end eventually end up with for all time, has now died. Now, dealing with grief and the OCD that he has had to deal with for years, he turns to the one person he didn't expect to: Theo's new boyfriend. He is now faced with a choice: confront the past, or miss out on the future he has built. From what I know, this is a heartbreaking, yet joyful and beautiful book and I know I will be reading this sooooooonnnn.

6. The Start of Me and You, by Emery Lord
From what I know, this is a book about a girl looking to the future and re-clawing back what she had before- after her first boyfriend died in a swimming accident. She's made a list of things that she wants to do to get back from reality, and just from reading the blurb, I know that this is going to be a powerful book about learning to live and learning to love again, and it's a book that I really can't wait to pick up! (Hopefully soon).

So those are the books that I've got this month! Most of them I haven't read yet, but I'm certainly looking forward to reading them! If you have any thoughts on any of the books I mentioned here today, then let me know in the comments! I love to hear from you guys!

So that is all I have for you today! I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you all on Friday!
Goodbyeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment