Wednesday 14 June 2017

The Summer Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And it's time I talk about why I haven't been posting much recently. Boring story actually, but I need to say why.  I basically have just needed to focus more on my qualification, especially as it's nearing the end of year. But I promise, after I finish, (which is next week at some point) and then the usual schedule of posting at Monday, Wednesday and Friday will be back and I hope you guys will be here, so we can start about books!
So anyway, now that that that's out of the way, let's get on to the post!
It's been a while since I've done a tag, so I thought it would do one now! And since Summer seems to have come by all too quickly, I thought it only fitting that I do the Summer Book Tag!
Enjoy!

The Summer Book Tag
1. Lemonade: Pick a book that started bitter but got better.
For this one, I'm going to choose the book that I am currently reading. The Girls, by Emma Cline, the Waterstones Book Club pick for June. This started off super pretentious and slow, and though the pacing hasn't changed yet, the story has taken a turn for the better. More on this book after I read more.

2. Golden sun: pick a book that made you smile beyond compare.
I'm going to go with a book I read earlier in the year. Everything Everything, by Nicola Yoon. Just the uniqueness of this book, and the love that Maddie and Olly have for each-other, and the love that is bursting to be free, but can't because of four walls.

3. Tropical flowers: pick a book set in a foreign country.
This book stuck in my mind and didn't go away for this question. Wolf Wilder is set in Russia, and is the story of the Wolf Wilder, who raises wolves, protects them and treats them as her equal. It's basically a run from authority that turns into something else. This book thoroughly surprised me and it is a strong contender for my favourite books of 2017.  

4. Tree shade: pick a book in which a mysterious or shady character

was first introduced.
I'm just going to go with the Skulduggery Pleasant series for this one because the MAJORITY of the characters seem dark and mysterious and shady from the get go, but end up not really being that big of a threat (or a massive threat, it's hard to predict which pile they are going to go in).

5. Beach sand: pick a book that was grainy, and the plot barely developed.

Ohhhh, this one's hard. I'm just gonna cop out with Fifty Shades of Grey, because 1) I can't think of anything else and 2) there's that one theme that's relevant, and the plot really doesn't develop much at all.

6. Green grass: pick a character(s) that were full of life, making you smile.

Another hard one! I think I'll go with Alice, just because she's so joyful and positive and stubborn, that I just love her (from Twilight, if you didn't know). She's just a breath of fresh air in that house full of the intense vampires that she lives with.

7. Watermelon: Pick a book that had some juicy secrets.

I'm going to go with the first two books in the Red Queen series (I haven't read King's Cage yet) because who saw the end of book one coming?!

8. Sun hat: pick a book that had a vast, big universe/setting.

Chasing the Stars, by Malorie Blackman. They have the whole of space, as well as a bunch of planets to explore!

9. BBQ: pick a book where a character was portrayed as a hunk.

I would have chosen Emmett for this, but I've already chosen a Twilight character, so instead I'm going to go with Gale. Though he is portrayed as a hunk, he is also seen as a protector, when Katniss goes into the arena. (I know, spoilers! Lol).

10. Tag people!

I'm actually going to tag a couple of people for this!
I tag Savannah, at The Book Prophet , and you can check out her blog on this link!
I also tag Elena, at Elena of the Universe , which contains the link for her blog too!

So that was my Summer Book Tag! I hope you enjoyed this tag, and Elena I will get to the tag that you tagged me in in my Writing Update! Promise!
So I will see you all on Friday (hopefully).
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I will see you soon.
Byeeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment