Wednesday 26 April 2017

Top 5 Books That Aren't YA

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I thought I'd do something a bit different on my blog today other than the reviews that I usually do (I still need to review The Hate U Give and The Wolf Wilder, but no worries, they'll be up soon!)
Most of the books I read tend to be YA. And I'm okay with that, but I feel like books that aren't YA don't get enough recognition on this blog, so I thought I'd do a post on all the Adult/ Children books that I've read and enjoyed.
Enjoy!

Top 5 Books That Aren't YA
1. The Harry Potter series, by J K Rowling
I feel like this one is kind of given. There's a lot more darker stuff than what should be okay for the younger audience, but Harry Potter is just one of those stories that parents love to read to their children when they're going to bed, and Harry Potter is often the story that introduces children to reading, and that is one of the reasons that I love Harry Potter.

2. Black Beauty, by Anna Sewell
This isn't just a children's book, it's also a classic. And surprisingly enough, it was one of my absolute favourites when I was a kid. Told from the perspective of the horse, it really opens your eyes about what the horses went through back in the Victorian era. This is a tale about a horse that had an unfortunate, yet hopeful life, and for whatever reason, I easily read this ten times as a child, and I totally recommend this to anybody who thinks they might enjoy reading about a horse.

3. Me Before You, by JoJo Moyes
If you haven't read or seen the film, you need to. This book discusses issues that no book I'd previously read had discussed. I cried at both the book and the film (though admittedly more at the film), and all I can say is that this books hits you right in the FEELS.

4. My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult
I love this book so much that I even wrote an essay on it for college! It doesn't matter how many times I read this, I connect with the characters and the story and don't hesitate to get invested in the story ever. Since I read this all those years ago I've read a bunch of Jodi Picoult books (four at last count), and this story still remains my favourite after all these years. Both the film and the book are amazing, so check them out (but read the book, it's amazing!)

5. Heidi, by Johanna Spyri
This is yet another book that I read over and over as a child, and I still love now. It's been a while since I've read this, but this is one of those classics that I think everybody should read. It describes Switzerland so perfectly, and to this day I've always thought that if I could go anywhere in the world it would be up a hill in Switzerland, just so I can admire the view.
So that was my Top 5 Books That Aren't YA! I hope you enjoyed it, and if you have any favourite books that aren't YA, let me know in the comments!
So that is all I have for today! I hope you have a wonderful day, and I will see you on Friday!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment