Tuesday 4 April 2017

April TBR (2017)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I apologise in advance for not posting this yesterday, but I was crazy busy with rehearsals and the like.
But I'm here now, and I have my list for what I plan to read in the month of April.
Enjoy!

April TBR (2017)
I'm going to read slightly less this month, due to being over-ambitious last month. I'm going to be attempting 6 books this month, and these books are:

1. The Lie Tree, by Frances Hardringe 
I'm already about halfway through this, and I'm already loving it. It not only completely hones on the mystery surrounding the tree, and the suspicion behind the main character's death, it perfectly captures the time period that it's set in, and the book in total challenges that a girl cannot be a scientist, because she isn't a male. This books is amazingly easy to be pulled into, and so difficult to put back down once you've started. Review on this soon.

2. Salt to the Sea, by Ruta Sepetys
I read the "Between Shades of Gray" by the same author, and I was eager to read more (link for the review is here). I don't know much about this, but I know that it is four teenagers that are on their way to a place that promises to be everything they hope for since the war started, but that that place isn't all it's made out to be. And these four teenagers all have secrets. That's all I know about it, but that's all I need to know, and if it's anything like Between Shades of Gray, it's bound to still be amazing.

3. The Hate U Give, by Angie Thomas
I'm going to put both editions of this book up for this one because the first is the UK edition, and the second is the US edition, which I have to say, I think is so much nicer. But even though the first edition is awful, the words and the story is what matters. And this is one story I have been waiting for over a month for, so of course I'll be putting it on my TBR for April! It seems like people all over the world have been reading and loving this book, and hopefully I'll be one of them! Will also be reviewing soon, too!


4. Orangeboy, by Patrick Lawrence
This book has been out for quite a while, and it has also been gathering dust for more or less the same time, so I reckon it's time it got read. I know even less about this than I do for Salt to the Sea, but I do know that it takes place in the world of gangs, and violence, and it's been a while since I've read a book about those things, so hopefully it'll be interesting! Looking forward to reading this already.

5. The Edge of Everything, by Jeff Giles

I only got this a couple of months ago, and even though I didn't particularly like it at first, everybody else seems to love it, so I thought I'd give it another go. (Besides, I only read a couple of pages for the first attempt, and I wouldn't really call that an attempt.) If any of you guys have read or have any thoughts on this book or are currently reading this, let me know in the comments!

6. After You, by JoJo Moyes
To be honest, I was kind of on the fence as to whether to put this on my TBR... I'll see how I feel when I read it, but this has been on my shelf gathering dust for too long, and I need to read it! So, this is the book that takes place after Me Before You (you should know what Me Before You is, if you like Sam Clafflin, or eyebrows from Game of Thrones or the book!) That's all I know about it so far, but hopefully I'll get to read it this month.

So that is my April TBR (2017)! I hope you enjoyed it, and if you have any thoughts on any of the books on this list, positive or otherwise, then feel free to let me know in the comments!
I hope you have a wonderful day, and look out for my review on the concluding book in the Raven Cycle series: THE RAVEN KING, by Maggie Steifvater!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment