Monday 17 April 2017

All the Dynamic Duos!

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I thought I would do something I haven't done in a while, and do a list!
This list is about all the characters that have each-other's backs, it's the two of them against the world!
There doesn't seem to be a lot of that in YA at the moment, and I thought it would be good to do a list for something like that.
So, enjoy!

All the Dynamic Duos!
1. Fred and George Weasley (Harry Potter)
Even though I put (Harry Potter) in brackets, these two need no introduction. But these two are the first two that sprung to mind when I thought about this list. These two always have each-other's back, to the point where they even opened a tricks shop together! Who doesn't love this dynamic duo, even just for their sense of humour, and their ability to make you smile when you're down.

2. Callie-Rose and Tobey (Noughts and Crosses series)
Now, I feel like not many people know about this series, and that breaks my heart. A big part of why I love these is these two characters. You just get to see how they grow up together, go from childhood friends, to going to the same school when they're 11, to adolescence, to just blossoming into this funny, get meaningful and beautiful (and tragic) relationship. I just love how they grow to love one another in their own way throughout the second half of the series. Just flawless characters.

3. Anna and Kate (My Sister's Keeper)
Now even though Anna was born to save Kate's life, this is the bond that every sister wishes they could have with their sister. These two are so alike and so close, that Anna was literally willing to do what Kate wanted, even at the cost of her life (sorry, spoilers, but the film has been out for literally 8 years, and the book has been out even longer). Now if that isn't the mark of two people that would do anything for each-other, I don't know what is.
(Go read the book or see the film, either one is AMAZING).

4. Day and June (Legend)
What I love about this couple is that they are constantly looking out for the other without them knowing. Literally everything they do is to protect the other! Also, their relationship is so kick-ass and awesome and... tragic, that you can't help but love the two of them together. They would take on the entire world to get to one another (and they have the skills and the stubbornness to pull it off too). But seriously, if you haven't read this trilogy, what are you doing with your life?
(READ IT).

5. Skulduggery Pleasant and Valkyrie Cain (Skulduggery Pleasant)
Wow, this duo: so kick-ass, so... OMG, this duo has taken on a God, and multiple bad guys, and WON. Their journey started when Valkyrie was just 12, and from then on she learned by Skulduggery Pleasant, the skeleton detective. And what does it for me, these characters, both of them are flawed, and they have this dark, evil edge to them, but no matter what the other does, again, they are willing to risk anything to save that person from... and the spoilers stop there. I cannot stress how much I love this duo, both individually and as a duo. And to add to it, they are both so witty and sarcastic that you just can't help but love them!

So that is my All the Dynamic Duos list! I hope you enjoyed it, and if you have any favourite duos that you think I missed, let me know in the comments! I would love to hear about your favourite duos!
So I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you all on Wednesday!
Byeeeeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment