Monday 6 February 2017

Writing Update #1 (February 2017)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And since NaNoWriMo I haven't written a whole lot about my novel.
Which is why I thought it might be time to tell you what I've been up to.
So this is my Writing Update #1 (February 2017)!

Writing Update #1 (February 2017)
Just sort of think of this as Polandbananasbooks' Writing Chronicles, but on a blog instead! Because that's kind of how I got the idea for it.

So I am happy to tell you guys that I have reached 50,000! Well, 54,000 words actually, but still.
50,000! 
I'm in that point of the book where everything is so vital, so important to the plot-line, that every time I go to write, I'm sat as still as stone, except for my fingers, that are typing and typing, as fast as lightning.

I still have some parts left, and I think my first draft is going to be well inside the word count range for YA (50,000 to 80,000), but it also means that I won't be able to add much as I think it'll end up around the 70,000 word mark.
But then, I can also take off some words in editing at some point.

In terms of layout, I have none. I'm using Word, and using single spacing. I'm not worrying about the spacing between the words, or how many lines in a page, I'm just focusing on finishing the novel. I'll focus on that later, but for now I just want the novel down on paper.  

As for what kind of deadline I want to give myself, (deadlines keep me motivated) I want to have finished the first draft by the end of February. (Because it is half term next week, and I have nothing else to occupy my attention, so why not?).
NOW IS THE TIME TO WRITE.

So... Let's write!

That is more or less everything I wanted to say about my writing update, and if you have any thoughts or stories about your own writing, whether they are inspirational, or something you learned whilst failing miraculously (we all have those days that we feel like failures- trust me), comment them down below!
Also, if you have any questions about my novel itself, ask me those in the comments too!
I hope you have an amazing day, and you reach for your dreams!
... With reckless abandon.
So I will see you all on Wednesday, okay? Okay!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment