Saturday 11 February 2017

My Favourite Contemporaries!

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And since I wasn't in the mood to do a review, I thought I'd do one a list!
(Because I was stuck and I didn't know what to do).
But I love reading contemporaries, so I thought I'd list my favourites!
So here's the post. Enjoy!

My Favourite Contemporaries!
1. Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
For those that have read my review shouldn't be so surprised that this book made the list. But it was one of those books that surprised me by how good it is. Like I knew it was interesting, but I just didn't know how it would pull you in with the unique characters, and the romance (the romance is quirky and funny and hopeful, which is another good thing). Seriously recommend if you haven't read this yet.
2. Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell
This has been one of my favourites for a couple of years now, and this is probably one of the most popular contemporaries on this list. Fangirl is about a shy girl called Cath, and up until the point when they went to University, did everything with her twin sister Wren. But then, when they get to University, Wren wants to do her own things- without Cath. This story is a cutesy, funny and amazing story about Cath, as she tries to get over her anxiety, and experiences the world of University.
3. Before I Die, by Jenny Downham
This story is depressing, I'm not gonna lie. Of course it is, it's about a girl dying of cancer. But it's also beautiful, and raw, and so damn hopeful, which is why I love it so much. But seriously, it's one of my favourite books in the whole wide world, and I highly recommend it, because it will make you cry.
4. Songs About A Girl (Songs About A Girl #1), by Chris Russell
I've got a review up for this one as well. So check that out if your interested in how much I LOVED THIS BOOK. I cant even explain how much I loved it. Loved the characters, because they felt like real people. They had ambitions they were aspiring towards, they each had quirks and things that made them feel like the most relatable people in the world. I don't want to say what this is about, because I think it's better to go into this book with no clue what it's about, as I did, but I will say that there is romance in it, and the romances were as free and light as air. Totally recommend this book, and the sequel is out on the 13th July.
5. All the Chris Higgins books
I actually have all these books. I'm actually reading one at the moment! (I'm in a reading slump, and my favourite way to overcome one is to read one of my favourites). But that's what I love about these books: they're really short, so they're not time consuming, but they deal with different issues in a way that isn't depressing, and that's hard to do. I've been a fan of Chris Higgins since secondary school, and I still find them interesting today, because these issues that are in her books never lose relevance. I recommend these for younger readers that want to get into reading, but don't want to tackle the bigger books yet.

So those are my favourite contemporaries! I hope you enjoyed the post, and I will see you all on Monday! If you have any comments or thoughts on the books in this list, let me know in the comments!
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I will see you soon!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment