Monday 20 February 2017

Books 1-10 of 2017

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I am doing the first Books of 2017 list, because I've already read 13 this year, and I need to get on this!
So without further ado, here is my Books 1-10 of 2017!

Books 1-10 of 2017
1. Desolation (Demon Road #2), by Derek Landy
 It seems like ages ago that I read this, but was really only 7 weeks. This is the second book in the Demon Road trilogy, by my beloved Derek Landy (who also wrote the kick-ass Skulduggery Pleasant series!) I liked this book because we got to meet a ton of lovable characters, as well as reading about a creepy and mysterious town that is not what it seems, as well as seeing some familiar characters from the first book.
2. American Monsters (Demon Road #3), by Derek Landy
This is the third and final book in the Demon Road trilogy, and this was primarily, the build-up to the parents that want to kill- and eat Amber, because their demons- this is the build up to the final face off. There is a deadline, Amber does have to do something for her parents, or they will kill her love, so it's fast paced, and there are a lot of loyalty ties and memories that do actually make the book more interesting. This book is tiny, so it won't take you long at all to read through it. At all.
3. Frost Blood (Frost Blood #1), by Elly Blake
These are the two copies that you can get, and I have the fire copy. Let me tell you about this book. I loved it. The description was so intricate, the plot was so brutal and interesting, the characters were bigger than life, and the writing made what the characters went through, absolutely brutal. Also, Elly Blake knows how to build tension! I loved everything in this book and I totally recommend this one.
4. Everything Everything, by Nicola Yoon
This book was everything everything! (Excuse the pun haha). But seriously, I read this book in like two days, and I can say with some certainty that it is going to make my favourites list! And I read this in January! But I am so glad that the trailer for the movie is out (on YouTube), so go and watch it because Amandla Stenberg (she played Rue in Hunger Games) is starring in it!
5. Baby Doll, by Hollie Overton
I don't even know what to say about this book except that it had me hooked from start to finish. I read this in 12 hours, it's about the aftermath of a girl and her family after she was kidnapped for 8 years. This book has multiple personalities, so we can see what everybody thinks, and I'm telling you now, it gives it twice the impact. Again, I recommend this because once you start this book, you won't be able to stop.

6. Passenger (Passenger #1), by Alexandra Bracken

7. Wayfarer (Passenger #2), by Alexandra Bracken
This is the time traveller duology that everybody was talking about. The first one came out at the start of last year, and Wayfarer just recently came out. I read the first one and immediately wanted the second. The only thing I will say is that if you want a story about time travelling pirates that you won't want to put down, then this is the duology for you.

8. The One Memory of Flora Banks, by Emily Barr
This is the story of a girl with amnesia. She has to write things on her arms to remember them. Then she kisses a boy and she remembers it. This story is heartwarming, and surprising, and beautiful and amazing. It gives off a message that it doesn't matter who you are, or what you're up against, you can do anything you set you're mind to. And this book has a killer ending. So... read it.

9. Between Shades of Gray, by Ruta Sepetys
This is one of those books that I think everyone- not has to read- needs to read. Because it's raw, and realistic, and has the best story every. Even though it isn't pleasant... But that's the beauty in it. I cried A TON whilst reading this book, because it was so amazing. And I think everybody should read this book, because it's so amazing.
10. Boys Don't Cry, by Malorie Blackman
I read this book years and years ago. And it's one of those books that you can just read over and over without getting bored of it. This is one of my go to books when I'm on the verge of a reading slump (or smack bang in the middle of one). It's about a boy that is awaiting his A Levels results, when his ex-girlfriend arrives on the doorstep, with a baby. His baby. This book deals and addresses a ton of different issues. This book is hopeful, hard-hitting, wonderful, and unexpected. And I love it!

So that is my Books 1-10 of 2017! I hope you enjoyed it, and I will see you soon!
And as always, feel free to let me know your thoughts in the comments!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx












No comments:

Post a Comment