Monday 2 January 2017

January TBR (2017)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And it's 2017!
And that means it's time for another monthly TBR!
So here is my January TBR (2017)!

January TBR (2017)
1. Desolation (Demon Road #2), by Derek Landy
I've owned this book for so long, I forgot when I bought it. I may have had it for AGES, but at least I'm finally getting round to reading it. I'm currently about 130 pages into this, and so far, I'm really enjoying it. I aim to have finished it by Thursday at the latest, and my review should be up soon. This is book two in the Demon Road trilogy, and the premise is basically a character called Amber that is running from her parents, because they (and her as well) are demons, and they want to kill her, in the hope of growing stronger. Interesting premise, I can tell you.

2. American Road (Demon Road #3), by Derek Landy
I thought, why not marathon the series, if I've got both of them? This is the final book in the Demon Road trilogy, and hopefully I will start that soon. If it's anything like the rest of the series so far, it should be an amazing read, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the trilogy ends. (I can't say anything about the plot, because I myself haven't finished Desolation yet, and also spoilers), but I am looking forward to reading the final book in the Demon Road trilogy!

3. Frostblood (Frostblood #1), by Elle Blake
This isn't released until 12th January, but I hope to finish it before then, or at least a couple days afterwards. From what I've heard (which isn't much), this series is set in a world where there are Firebloods, people who can burn the town to the ground, and Frostbloods, who have hunted the Firebloods to near extinction. Ruby is a fireblood, and she's spend her entire life hiding, until the day when the Frostbloods come to her town and kill her mother. That's when she swears to avenge her mother and her people. I don't have much to say other than the fact that I am really looking forward to reading this. If this looks at all interesting to you, it's released on 12th January, so not long!

4. Everything, Everything, by Nicola Yoon
I have heard nothing but fantastic reviews for this, mainly from Booktube. But it seems like everyone has read this and enjoyed it, so I feel like I need to pick this up, which is why it's on this month's TBR! Everything, Everything centres around two characters: Maddy, who is allergic to the world (and hasn't left the house in seventeen years), and Olly, who is determined to reach her. That's all it says on the back, and it sounds different to anything I've read before, which is why I'm excited to read it. It's also quite small, so I hope to finish it fairly quickly, and get a review up soon!

5. The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave), by Rick Yansey
This book is a re-read: I read this a year ago, I think. But the rest of the series has been released, and I need to read them, which is why I've hacked this book on to the end of the list, so I can marathon the rest of the series next month! I may not finish it this month, but I want to at least start it, as I need to finish the series, and see how it ends!
My review for this is up on Post Pandemonium (2016), so go check it out!

So that is my January TBR (2017)! I have been fairly ambitious, attempting to start and finish 5 books, instead of four, but if you can't challenge yourself at the start of the new year, when can you?
I may not finish all of them, but I did say that last year, and I did, so I'm hopeful!
I hope you enjoyed the post, and let me know in the comments below, if you particularly like any of the books on the list, or you're looking forward to reading any of them, let me know in the comments below!
I hope you all have a wonderful day, and I will see you all on Wednesday, when I will definitely be posting my Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them review, promise!
So I will see you all then!
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment