Tuesday 20 December 2016

Champion (Legend #3), by Marie Lu

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I think I've left you waiting long enough: Here is my review for the concluding book in the Legend trilogy: Champion!
Enjoy!

Champion (Legend #3), by Marie Lu
Title: Champion
Author: Marie Lu
Genre: Sci-fi, dystopian, romance
Release date: 5th November, 2013
Pages: 353
Blurb: " HE IS A LEGEND.
SHE IS A PRODIGY.
THEY THOUGHT THEIR
CONUTRY WAS ON THE
BRINK OF A PEACEFUL
EXISTENCE.

But a plague outbreak deadlier than any other
has arisen and war threatens.
June is the only one who can save her country, but
Day would lose everything he has as a consequence.

WHO WILL BE CHAMPION?"


My Thoughts
This book- OMG, it didn't take me long at all to read this! It took me, I think, 5 or so hours to read- that was spread out over three days (I only read this book on the bus), but even so, it didn't take me long at all to read it, because I flew through it!
From the first page, all the way through, I didn't know what was up, this book had me on that much of a rollercoaster about what was happening!
The second book in the trilogy was the perfect book to set the foundation for this amazing conclusion to the trilogy, which I really liked. But because of that foundation that Prodigy provided, it meant that the entire book was just... jam packed, really!
But seriously, I think this was the best out of all three. And if you agree, comment below!

The start of this book starts maybe a month after Prodigy ended, and in that time some themes that we got introduced to at the end of the last book have escaladed a great deal (I'm not going to divulge more information than that, but those that have read Champion know what I'm talking about) and the time jump is lethal for one character in particular *sigh*.

But anyway, on to the review.
This book kept me hooked from start to finish, I swear! You were given just enough information to be captivated, and the description was so clear and easy to picture (it was also incredibly original) that you were right there in the thick of things, with the characters.

Also, I was both excited to see the end of this book, but also dreading how this trilogy was going to end, to be honest. And this book delivered with the end. I was actually sobbing at some parts (it takes a lot to make me cry in a book).

Now, the characters. There weren't any new characters introduced, but the characters we already knew (and had formed a connection to, I might say) were being destroyed enough for us. (Particularly one character- I was legitimately sobbing by the end of the book regarding this character).
These characters- you were just right along with them the whole time. You saw them die, suffer, and cry. And you were right along with them.

This book was just a whole bunch of misery and heartbreak, which is both good and bad. It's good, because, the book wouldn't be interesting if people aren't suffering; it's also bad, because... well they we're suffering.

Now, THE ENDING. I was happy with it, but I was also in tears, BECAUSE IT WAS SO TRAGIC AND WHAT IF? My heart was breaking. Honestly.
I was just left saying, WHAT?
But I did like the ending. Kind of. If you read the book, you'll get it. I hope.

So overall, I've really enjoyed this trilogy. It was tragic, heart-breaking, action packed, and fast paced. It truly contained everything, and I am very glad that I read it. If you have read this trilogy, please feel free to comment what you thought of it, and we can chat about it!

So that was my review of Champion, the final book in the Legend trilogy! I hope you enjoyed it! I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you all soon!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx









No comments:

Post a Comment