Friday 23 December 2016

Books 41-50 of 2016

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I'm breaking the pattern of late posts, because I actually feel enthusiastic about this one!
At one point this year, it actually seemed like I wouldn't get to do this post this year, because it ties in with my yearly reading goal for Goodreads.
So everybody, here's my post looking over the past ten books I've read recently!

Books 41-50 of 2016
41. Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings #4), by Jackson Pearce
This was an amazing conclusion to an already incredible series, in my opinion. You heard about some other characters in earlier books, and you met yet more Reynolds children (that's not a bad thing, believe me, I have book crushes on all the male Reynolds family- that were my age in the book), It was as action packed as the rest of them, and the description and world building was on point as well. Highly recommend the whole series.

42. Nerve, by Jeanne Ryan
This book was so quick paced, that I read it in near enough one sitting (two sittings, one day). The characters could have been a bit more developed, because they were a bit cliché, but it got your heart beating, the way the plot went (the way the game got the biggest introvert to do the most terrifying things imaginable) it was easy to put yourself into the Protagonist's shoes, and that's part of what made the whole book so good. Let's just say that it was easy to see why they made it into a film.

43. Songs About A Girl (Songs About A Girl #1), by Chris Russell
Did I tell you that Chris Russell actually replied to my review on Twitter for this? I have to say, I was so surprised and happy when I say his message! :D. But this has to be one of my favourite this year, definitely. This is the story of a shy and introverted photographer that gets the chance to take some photos for the biggest band around, when some of the members went to the school that the protagonist goes to now (they left to join the band). I can't say anymore, because it would ruin the story, but I really loved the story, the characters, and especially the writing. It didn't feel like a story, it felt real, that's how good it is. Totally and completely recommend.

44. House Rules, by Jodi Picoult
This book was kind of meh. I did enjoy it, a fair amount actually, but I didn't go "Wow! This book is amazing!" And fly through it. It had a fair amount of information about aspergers, so it was part information, part plot and characters. The different perspectives, as usual with Jodi Picoult, gave me the opportunity to see what other characters saw, and I was able to piece together some things, but you can't predict everything, and you will never be bored reading this book. I recommend if you're up for reading a 500 page book (depending on what format).

45. Legend (Legend #1), by Marie Lu

46. Prodigy (Legend #2), by Marie Lu

47. Champion (Legend #3), by Marie Lu

I loved this entire trilogy, full details on the side of the page (the links to all the reviews are also on Post Pandemonium (2016), see my full thoughts and feelings on there).

48. Flawed (Flawed #1), by Cecelia Ahern
Again, one of my favourite books this year. This book was for my TBR Jar Challenge, and the finale for this duology comes out on the 30th March, if anyone is interested. What stood out most of this book was that the society that I saw in this book was a big part in the plot. Of course, everything else was absolutely amazing, and I wish everybody would read this trilogy, so we can talk about it. This story is about a girl, where one decision marks her flawed. And trust me, in this world, it is a horrific thing. Just read it, and my review will be up on Monday. Promise.

49. Paper Towns, by John Green
Now, you all know this book, because a film company made it into a film earlier this year. So after a poll revealed this to be the most popular out of the choices, I read it. And it was an easy read. It was short, not a time commitment, with characters that, I didn't actually hate. They were quirky and fun, and they didn't try to be anything other than what they are. The story was fun and interesting, and I enjoyed the story. I gave it 3.5 stars.
Now, you may be thinking that there's one book left. But that book is
The Call, by Paedar O Guilin
For some reason, I forgot to add this book to Goodreads whilst reading it. And so, I don't know what date I finished it. I know it was vaguely around the end of September, but that's because It's the last book on my September Wrap Up. As for what I thought about it, my review is in the same place as the Legend trilogy, on Post Pandemonium, and you can find my review over there, if your interested in my thoughts and feelings on this book.

So those are Books 41-50 of 2016! This will probably be the last one of these I do this year, as I doubt I'll be able to read another ten before the year is out! But I hope you enjoyed the post, and I will see you all on Monday, when I will be posting my review of Flawed, by Cecelia Ahern!
Have a wonderful day, and I will see you all then!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment