Monday 17 October 2016

Songs About A Girl (Songs About A Girl #1), by Chris Russell

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And as promised, here is my review of "Songs About A Girl", by Chris Russell!
I don't have anything else to say, so here's the review!

Songs About A Girl (Songs About A Girl #1), by Chris Russell 
Title: Songs About A Girl
Author:  Chris Russell
Genre: Contemporary
Release date: 28th July, 2016
Pages: 483
Blurb:" "You could have any girl on the planet."
"Maybe I could," he said. He touched one finger
to my chin, and lifted my gaze to meet his.
"And that's exactly why I want you."
________________________________________________
Charlie Bloom never wanted to be "with the band". 
She's happiest out of the spotlight, behind her 
camera, unseen and unnoticed. But when she's asked
to take backstage photos for hot new boy band, 
Fire&Lights, she can't pass up the chance. 
__________________________________________________
Catapulted into a world of paparazzi and backstage
bickering, Charlie soon becomes caught between 
gorgeous but damaged frontman, Gabriel West,
and his boy-next-door bandmate, Olly Samson.
Then, as the boys' rivalry threatens to tear
the band apart, Charlie stumbles upon
a mind-blowing secret, hidden in the 
lyrics of their songs..."

My Thoughts
This book had seemed interesting from the moment I saw it on the shelf at Waterstones. Then, a week later, I bought it, unable to see it on the shelf for longer than that. At first, I wasn't sure when I was going to read it, as it seemed more like a spring/summer contemporary, rather than a winter one. 
But I'm so glad I read it sooner. 
Not because it suited the time of year, I still stand by the fact that it is a spring/summer contemporary, but because this book was that good. And I don't say that often. 

Now, this book was kind of equal in terms of plot and characters, and those two things are what, in my opinion what make or break a book. And there were plenty of both in this book, which I loved. 
The characters were both realistic, and interesting, especially Charlie (our protagonist). She's loyal and down-to-earth, and it's really easy to fall into her shoes, and her journey, as she lives this amazing life that she never dreams she deserves, which makes her character that much nicer. 

Now, the plot, even though it is surreal (I mean, who gets to follow a world famous band around with a camera, even if two/four of the bandmates are falling for you?) But what was good, was that Chris Russell made it seem realistic, (I guess him being in a band and having experienced these things helps, which is awesome) but all these surreal things that were happening were described perfectly! 

So overall, this is a light and cheerful book for massive band lovers and introverts (so basically any reader). I highly recommend this series to all people who like YA! 

So that is my thoughts on Songs About A Girl! I hope you enjoyed the review, and I will see you all on Wednesday!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxx

P.S: Sorry if this review was a bit all over the place. If you guys have any thoughts on this book, please comment down below!










No comments:

Post a Comment