Sunday 4 September 2016

Bloodlust and Initiation (Vampire Beach #1 & #2), by Alex Duval (Part 1)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I have a load of reviews, so I'm gonna get going and do the first one.
Everyone, this is my review of Bloodlust, the first book in the vampire beach series!

Bloodlust and Initiation (Vampire Beach #1 and #2), by Alex Duval (Part 1)
Title: Bloodlust and Initiation 
Author: Alex Duval 
Genre: Supernatural, action and romance 
Release date: 1st January, 2006
Pages: 233
Blurb: "Sienna's dark hair was glossier than he'd ever seen it, her skin was clear and creamy, almost luminous, and her lips glowed a deep rose red that he didn't think came from lipstick. She was stunning, spectacular, impossibly beautiful! Jason realised he was staring. 
"What is it?" he asked. "Sienna, you can tell me anything." And then Sienna smiled, slowly revealing a pair of very white, very sharp, and very real fangs. 

Jason has just moved to Malibu- home to rich kids and fabulous parties. He's flattered to be included- and very flattered to by the interest of the stunning Sienna. But Sienna and her friend hide a dark secret... and Jason is risking his life by falling for her."

My Thoughts
Bloodlust is a good starter book to the series. It ticks all the boxes. It introduces Jason, our protagonist, and his development is enough, but it isn't just about him. It's also about some of the other characters, and his relationship with them. Also, the plot is interesting enough that it stands out around the others. (At this point it has to stand out, because, let's face it, vampire books have been done to death.) 

Also, there's a good mix of mystery, character development, and fight scenes. (Jason's a fairly tough guy, and a swimmer, so he can take a punch or two, despite fighting vampires with superhuman strength. No, seriously. Bit unrealistic, but this is a book about vampires after all.) 
There's also a bit of romance thrown in there too.

Seriously, though, this book has a bit of everything you'd want in this type of book. They're quite small, so they're not a time commitment, despite the fact that there is 6 of them. The characters are fairly well done, I just wish they were a bit more three dimensional, they are pretty much your regular popular good looking teenagers living in Malibu (I guess, I've never been to Malibu, I live in the rainy UK), but other than that, there really isn't anything to complain about. 

So that is my review on Bloodlust! I hope you enjoyed it, and I will see you tomorrow, when I will be doing my review of Bloodlust & Initiation Part 2! 
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment