Wednesday 24 August 2016

Six of Crows, (Six of Crows #1), by Leigh Bardugo

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I finally finished Six of Crows!
FINALLY!
So here's the review!

Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1), by Leigh Bardugo 

Title: Six of Crows
Author: Leigh Bardugo 
Genre: Action
Release date: 28th July, 2015
Pages: 491 
Blurb: 

My Thoughts: 
This book was kind of all over the place. I don't know why it took me two weeks to read it, but it did. And I think I have reasoning for that. It just didn't grab me like I thought it would. And I was struggling through most of it. It was kind of meh, to say the least. 
Granted, there were some parts I enjoyed. Like the action at the end. And some of the characters. But I just didn't get pulled into the world and the journey like I thought I would. 

But enough of the negative. There was actual things that I enjoyed about the book, and  I will tell you about them now! Some of the characters. I liked that the types of people they were impacted the way they read. Like the perspectives in this book were of a grisha, a waithe, (those were the ones that I liked the most.) and the fact that they were grishas and waives, was evident in their perspectives, and I liked that. 

I also liked the relationships. They kept it interesting. Some people liked each-other, and others hated each-other and were constantly plotting to kill each-other, and the contrast kept it interesting. For the most part. 

On the other hand, they didn't seem 16-18. They seemed decades older, and you'd read the majority of the book and think they were 21+ .(with the exception of Inez, who you could totally tell was 16-18), so I just wish the characters could have had something more to relate is what I'm getting at, I guess. 

Also, throughout the book, the plot just didn't progress unless we had all the information, and that got a bit boring after a while.
*Sigh* Really wanted to enjoy this book. 

So overall, it was just a bit disappointing. I enjoyed some of it, but not as much as I was hoping to. 
I think the question is, will I continue on with the series?
I think so. I want to see how the story ends, and what happens to the characters.
Crooked Kingdom is being released 22nd September. 

So that is my review of Six of Crows! I'm sorry all you Leighh Bardugo fans, but I just didn't enjoy this one. There's hope for the sequel though!
So I will see you all soon. Bye!

-Abi xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment