Tuesday 9 August 2016

Since You've Been Gone, by Morgan Matson

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I'm doing another post! These are flying out of me like bullets fly out of a gun!
This is my second post in 10 hours!
Saying that, that post was considered Monday's normal post...
But let's get on to the post!
This is my review of Since You've Been Gone!


Since You've Been Gone, by Morgan Matson 

Title: Since You've Been Gone
Author: Morgan Matson 
Genre: Contemporary, romance 
Release date: 6th May, 2014
Pages: 449
Blurb: Emily's best friend Sloane disappears,
almost without a trace- the only thing left 
behind is a to-do list. 
On it, thirteen Sloane-inspired task that 
wallflower Emily wouldn't normally do,
and definitely not without her best friend. 
But what if completing the list could 
bring Sloane back?

Dance until dawn?
Sure. Why not?

Kiss a stranger?
Um...

Go skinny dipping?
Wait... what?

Emily only has the summer to check 
everything off Sloane's list. 
The question is, what will she find at the end of it?


My Thoughts
There really isn't much more to say about this book except for the fact that I really did enjoy it. The characters were incredibly likeable and relatable, and I enjoyed both the story and the writing immensely. 

I'd been wanting to read a Morgan Matson book for what seems like forever (and yes, I know I say that for most reviews, but for this one it really is the truth), and this book just seems to stand out the most because 1) the plot seemed the most interesting, and 2) The perfect book to read whilst on holiday. 
And I was right! This book is freeing and fun, and didn't have anything too serious, and you can relate to the characters right off the bat, so if any of that sounds even slightly appealing, I urge people to give it a try. 

Also, I want to make a point about character development.One of the biggest factors that made me enjoy this book so much was the fact you could evidently see the changes that the protagonist (Emily) went through as the book progressed, and the effect all the different tasks had on Emily. 

Another thing that I loved about this book was that it had a different feel than the other contemporary books that I've read prior to this one. (I know I say that a lot, but it really did). I reckon this was because of the writing. The writing just sucked you in, from the first page. 

Also, this book wasn't just about romance, which I really liked. It was about friendship too. It kind of had the whole package that you'd look out for in a summer contemporary/romance. And even though Sloane wasn't actually in the story much, she was still a part of it, through Emily's narration. 

Yeah, so overall, I did really enjoy this, and I am most definitely going to be reading a Morgan Matson book soon, you can count on that! 

So that was my review of Since You've Been Gone, by Morgan Matson! I hope you enjoyed it, and I will see you all tomorrow! Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment