Sunday 21 August 2016

August Book Haul (2016)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I know that I said I'd be reviewing Six of Crows today, but I'm not quite finished with it yet, so I am going to be doing my August Book Haul (2016)!
So here are the books that I bought this month!

August Book Haul (2016)

1. A Perfect Ten, by Chris Higgins
I was actually debating whether I should get this for a while before I did. (Which was yesterday). I just didn't know if I could fit it into my bookshelf, or where it would fit in terms of colour. But it was the first ever book that I read that was written by Chris Higgins, and I read it way back in primary school. (Towards the end, not in like year 2.) So I decided to get it, because to me, it was kind of like Harry Potter (in the sense that I feel at home when I'm reading this book). Also, it was one of the first teen books that I read (ever). 
This book is about gymnastics, but it also has a lot of serious issues in it as well (depression, secrets, anorexia and bullying) but this book is unique because it is from the point of view of the bully. Is it bad to say that I love reading it?


2. Seven Minutes in Heaven, by Sara Shepard
Okay, you guys already know that I have this because I've introduced it, and reviewed it (and if you didn't know, now you do) but I haven't included it in a book haul yet, so that's what it's doing here!

3. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, by J K Rowling and John Tiffany 
Well, duh! Should be reading this within the next couple of months, and I hope that time flies by so quickly. 

4. Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1), by Cassandra Clare
When I saw this in the charity shop, I was so surprised! I've wanted to read this trilogy (specifically this trilogy) since I finished the Mortal Instruments series, because 1)Everyone says that this trilogy is better, and 2) It's set in England. And so, I walk into Air Ambulance, and it's there on the shelf! So, moral of the story, don't overlook charity shops. Especially as you see what the next and final book I have on my list is...

5. Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2), by Cassandra Clare
Told you charity shops are great! I actually got this one in Oxfam though, so make the rounds, and don't just focus on one. But Clockwork Prince! Again, it shouldn't be too long before I read this trilogy, and I hope the time flies because I really can't wait to read all three!

So that is my August Book Haul! I hope you enjoyed it, and I will see you all when I finish Six of Crows because I am not going to post until I finish it! (I'll make up the post on the tuesday). 
So I will see you all then! 
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx








 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment