And no surprises to anyone that I am doing a book tag today, because I said I would most likely be doing one today!
So here is The Summer Book Tag because... it's summer!
Though it does look like it gonna read, plus it's not really hot enough to be considered summer...
Also I didn't get tagged...
But who cares because I'm doing this tag anyway!
So here's The Summer Reader Book Tag!
The Summer Reader Book Tag
1. Lemonade: Pick a book that started off bitter, but got bitter.
After much consideration, I decided to use More Than This, by Patrick Ness for this category, because at one point (the start of the book) I had considered giving up on this book, but then it totally changed and I got sucked in.
2. Golden sun: Pick a book that made you smile beyond compare.
Pretty much any contemporary really, but specifically I'll Give You The Sun, by Jandy Nelson, because it's just so beautiful and just, hopeful. I read this back in March, and I still feel joy whenever I think of it.
3. Tropical flowers: Pick a book set in a foreign country.
I really don't have many options for this because for some reason I'm drawn to books that are set in the UK and the USA (though come to think of it, USA could be considered a foreign country), but I'm going to pick The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak, which is set in Germany.
4. Tree shade: Pick a book in which a mysterious or shady character was first introduced.
I totally saw Sebastian coming.
5. Beach sand: Pick a book that was was grainy, and the plot barely developed.
Okay, I hate choosing this, because I feel like everyone is going to be yelling at me, but the book that I'm choosing has to be Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs.
6. Green grass: Pick a character(s) that were full of life, making you smile.
Milo, from Demon Road, hands down. He just doesn't let the fact that they're on the run from Demons get him down, and that is a hard thing to do.
7. Watermelon: Pick a book that had some juicy secrets.
Just all the "The Lying Game" books, by Sara Shephard. (From the five that I've read. Out of six.) All the secrets are incredibly juicy in this series. Totally recommend this. Oh, by the way, if you didn't like the Pretty Little Liars series please don't be put off, because I think, this series is so much better.
8. Sun hat: Pick a book that had a vast, big universe/setting.
I'm going to go with Mind Games, by Teri Terry because that book is set in a virtual world (basically the internet), and the internet is incredibly vast!
9. BBQ: Pick a book in which a character was portrayed as a hunk.
I'm gonna go with Jace for this one. I hate to use a series' twice in one tag, but I seriously can't think of anyone else.
10. Summer fun: Pass the tag on.
Everyone! If people want to do this tag then who am I to stop them? Nobody tagged me and I still did it!
So that was The Summer Reader Book Tag! I hope you all enjoyed it! I will see you on Wednesday, and if I haven't finished Glass Sword by then I will most likely be doing a face-off! So I will see you guys then.