Sunday 24 July 2016

July Book Haul (2016)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I doubt I'm going to be buying anymore books this month (never say never), so I thought that today would be an excellent time to do my July Book Haul!


July Book Haul (2016)

1. The Perks of Being A Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky 
I found this for 50p in Tesco, where all the proceeds go to charity, and I  figured, why not? It's a great book that I can pick up whenever I feel like, because it isn't a big time commitment. 


2. On the Other Side, by Carrie Hope Fletcher
You guys already know about this because I did a post introducing it a few days ago. You (if you've been  here a while and have seen my Holiday TBR post) should know that it is the first book that I will be reading in the month of August, because I am leaving on the 1st. This book is about is an 82 year old woman who when she has to pass through to Heaven finds that she can't because her soul is too heavy. So to pass through to Heaven she has to unburden herself of the three secrets she has kept over a 50 year span. Oh, and she is now 27. 

3. Since You've Been Gone, by Morgan Matson 
I had to buy this at some time this month, because I've wanted to take this on holiday for god knows how long, and I actually can't wait to read this. (It's actually a contender against "On the Other Side" for my favourite from this list- I can't choose between them). This book is about Emily, a girl who is left a list of things that she has to do to bring her best friend Sloane back (she thinks) who went missing two weeks previously. The list includes things Emily would never do, not even with her best friend (kiss a stranger, go skinny dipping, dance until dawn), but will it bring Sloane back?


4. Hate List, by Jennifer Brown
Now I thought this was something different than what it actually was. I mean, I know that this was about two students that wrote a hate list, but what I thought what was going to happen was that the list was going to be found, and that the book was set straight after that. Instead (I had no idea of this) one of the students that wrote the list goes into the school with a gun, and a bunch of craziness. happens. Then, a year later, the other student that came up with the list (who feels incredibly guilty) goes back to that school. This book takes place that one year later. It's seems very different to what I originally it would be about, but I'm still really looking forward to reading it. (Next month, hopefully)


5. The Girl on the Train, by Paula Hawkins
Again (same as last month) I only bought this this morning, but I got it for 95p at Air Ambulance. You can get books at surprising good condition at Charity Shops, so don't overlook them! Also, I bought this because a film is coming out for this book and it looks really interesting. This is a book that I'm going to read without researching at all, because I wanna to give that a try. 


Okay, so that is my book haul for the month of July! It may have only been 5 books, but I'm actually trying to budget myself in how many books I buy from each month (pretty unsuccessfully, I have to admit), but I'm getting there. 
I hope you all have wonderful days, and I will see you all tomorrow!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment