Friday 22 July 2016

Books That You Should Read Because of the Writing

Hey guys, this is Abi here,

And I was searching the web this morning for inspiration on what I could post today, and it suddenly came to me that I hadn't done a list about writing, so I figured, "Why not?" And so today I'm going to be listing books that you should read just because the writing is that good!

So here's the list!


Books That You Should Read Because of the Writing 



1. Cinder, by Marissa Meyer 
This book surprised me how easy it was to get into it, and before I read this book, I didn't realise how much I was putting into getting into series. And that was because the writing was so easy to get into, to the point that I was sucked in to this story from the first page. 



2. Before I Die, by Jenny Downham 
If you've been following this blog for a while, then you should have predicted this book, because I literally mention it in every single list I can. The description is so beautiful and delicate, I end up crying every time I read it, because just the way the story goes, especially at the end, and the writing is what pushes me over the edge. I don't really know how to explain it. The writing is incredibly innocent, but with truth that makes what she's describing feel real. Jenny definitely isn't one to shy away from what she wants to make you feel, and she shows that with her writing. Despite the depressing subjects in this book, the entire story is written incredibly hopeful, and this book will help you to see the simply beautiful things around you, and make you thankful about what you have around you. 

3. All the Bright Places , by Jennifer Niven 
This book is fairly similar to Jenny Downham's work to the point that the themes in this book stick with you long after you finish the last page. It is also one that is written with hope intertwined with the characters. But what I love most about the writing is that it shows you that there are things going on behind the scenes, that you aren't fully aware of, but it gives you the impression of maybe something else going on under what is written in the book. This book also doesn't shy away from the difficult subjects, such as suicide, grief, mental health, and a bunch of other themes, and the bluntness that those themes are discussed is what makes this book so hard-hitting. Totally recommend this. 

4.  Silence, by Natasha Preston 
This book also has some very serious issues underneath the surface (I seem to read a lot of these for some reason), but it's written differently compared to the two above this one. This one is actually really hard to explain if you haven't read it. Okay, got it now (a half hour later). Yes, this book does have some difficult subjects in it. But Natasha chooses not to go into too much detail about those subjects until the end, and that makes the story that much more shocking. What she focuses on is the relationship between Oakley and Cole. She's  really good at writing about positive things (i.e. the relationship). Now I'm just talking gibberish. Okay, the writing is what completes this book for me because it just adds extra to the story. How? I don't know. Just read it, and you'll see what I mean. 


5. Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell 
We all know Fangirl, right? Right? Well the writing is what makes it so relatable. 


6. Skulduggery Pleasant, by Derek Landy 
Okay, this is one of the few books that I can start reading, and before I know it, I've read 87 pages. You just get sucked straight into the story, even more so than Cinder. That's no small feat. Derek's incredibly witty dialogue and unique description keeps you entranced from start to finish, particularly in this book. I mean, you get that with all of them, but especially in this one (don't know why, really).
So those are the books that you should read just because of the writing! You should read them for other reasons, but mainly because each and every for each and every one of them, the writing is incredible. 
Have a wonderful day, and I will see you all on Sunday! Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment