Wednesday 27 July 2016

A Trip To the Cinema Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I am doing a book tag!
Even though I've already done one this month, I just felt like I wanted to do one!
But this is no ordinary book tag! Because I created it!
I mean, the last time I created a book tag was on Christmas Day, over 7 months ago! (The Running Tag, go check it out).

So with that I give you: A Trip To the Cinema Book Tag!

A Trip To the Cinema Book Tag

1. Ice blast: Name a book that explodes at the start but gradually turns into slush. 
Throne of Glass. It was interesting at the start, but I just felt like it couldn't hold it all together. The ending was okay, but the more I got into it the more I lost interest. 

2. Premier: Name a book you bought as soon as it was released
There are a number of books I could write about for this category, but in the end I decided to go for Red Queen because it was the first book in the series, and I was a fan from the start. Also most books I buy as soon as they are released, often it's the second or third book in the series, and that just feels wrong to put it in this category (Hunger Games/ Twilight/ Divergent). 

3. Adverts: Name a book you wish would hurry up and get here already!
It was way harder to think of a book than I thought it would be to be honest, but I finally remembered Carve the Mark. (It really shouldn't have taken me this long to remember this book). 

4. Sneaking the cheap sweets into the cinema: Name a book you didn't think it worth it to pay the amount you did. 
Okay, first, I want to explain the question. When I'm going to the cinema I buy sweets and drinks from Tesccos down the road (the sweets and drinks are ridiculously over-priced in the actual cinema. With the exception of the ice-blast)
Now I picked Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children because I just generally found it kind of boring. The link to the full (spoiler-free) review is on my Post Pandemonium... page. 

5. Watching a guilty pleasure: Name a book from a new genre (that you hadn't tried before) that you enjoyed
This category isn't necessarily for this specific book. It really was just historical fiction in general. (it really wasn't about Book Thief, it was the fact that I didn't think I'd enjoy historical fiction, but it surprised me that I actually did). 

So... this was kind of a random tag, but there isn't really a book tag like it, so that's a good thing I guess! 
Also I apologise that it was so short. 
Have a lovely what's left of the day, and I will see you all on Friday. 
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment