Friday 10 June 2016

Top Sci-fi Books

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And even though I did finish another book, I'm going to save that review for another day, because literally all I've done since my June TBR this month is reviews. (Seriously, check the posts, all I've done is reviews).

So today I thought I'd list my top Sci-fi books! (I bought a Sci-fi book today and I'm kind of in the Sci-fi mode).

So, let's get on with the post!


Top Sci-fi Books
Okay, this is going to be fun! (Even though I haven't read a great deal of Sci-fi books, it is one of my most favourite genres to read). So this'll be fun.

Teri Terry Books
1. Mind Games
Okay, this was the first book that came to mind when I decided to do this post. I've only read it once, but it's one of my favourites. Not kidding.
This book is set in a world that is all virtual. Like everyone is constantly plugged into a computer. Here is the blurb: Luna (the protagonist) is a refuser (it means that she can tell what is real and what isn't), and that is a secret that she has to guard with her life. Then she gets sent for testing, and she knows that she can hide the secret no longer. It would be easier to fail, to return to her old house, and her former life, but Luna has started to hope, and hope is a dangerous game...  To be honest, it's my favourite Teri Terry book.
I just love the world, and the protagonist Luna is just incredible. It is totally unlike anything I've read. If you like Sci-fi and haven't read this yet, GET ON IT.


2. The "Slated" Trilogy
Okay, I had to put this trilogy on the list. Just had to. Because Teri Terry's Sci-fi books are just that good. Kyla (the protagonist) has been slated. Her memories wiped blank. This is her second chance, because the Government claim she was a terrorist. She isn't supposed to remember anything from her former life, but memories are re-surfacing, and that is dangerous. Someone is also lying to her, and nothing is as it seems. Who can she trust in the search for the truth? Actually can't wait to re-read this trilogy at some point in the very near future! These are the books in the trilogy: 1. Slated
2. Fractured 
3. Shattered


3.   The Girl With All the Gifts
Okay, I've got a review up for this, (which is spoiler-free. At least I think so), so you can check that out without reading the book. But if your lazy, like me, you can just see me describe how good this book actually is, plus here's the blurb: "Every morning, Melanie waits in her cell to be collected for class. When they come for her, Sergeant Parks keeps his gun pointing at her while two of his people strap her into the wheelchair. She thinks they don't like her. She jokes that she won't bite. But they don't laugh." This book went somewhere else entirely to where I thought it was going, and that turned out to be an extremely good thing. Totally recommend. 

4. Tempest, by Julie Cross
I am yet to review this book yet, but odds are I will be reviewing it on Sunday. This is actually the first time-travellers book that I have read, and after reading this book, I'm ready to go on a time-travellers spree. And it's also got me excited to read Passanger, which is currently upstairs, waiting to be read. Tempest is about a boy called Jackson, who can time-travel (duh). When he and his girlfriend Holly get attacked, he suddenly time-jumps back two years. And he can't get back again. Now he has to find a way to save Holly from a time before they even met. This is the first book in a trilogy (I think), and I actually can't wait to read the next one because I flew through Tempest, meanwhile, loving the characters, loving the plot, and just loving every minute. 

5. The Lunar Chronicles, by Merissa Meyer
I only read this series at the beginning of the year, and they combined fairytales, and Sci-fi. That was all I needed to know before I went head-first into the series. I didn't love the entire series, like there were parts that I didn't love but it was fairly consistent throughout the entire series, in how much I liked it at least. Recommend this series if you like fairytales and Sci-fi. 


So those are my top Sci-fi Books! I will see you guys on Sunday, when I will be posting my review of Tempest, by Julie Cross. So, have a great day guys, and... bye!

-Abi xxxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment