Sunday 12 June 2016

Tempest (Tempest #1), by Julie Cross

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And even though I read this book on the 9th, I was kind of doing reviews left and right at that point, so I thought I'd review the book now!

So here's the post!

Tempest (Tempest #1), by Julie Cross
Title: Tempest 
Author: Julie Cross
Genre: Science Fiction
Release date: 30th August, 2012
Pages: 413
Blurb: "                                                         TODAY
Jackson and Holly are in love. 

TOMORROW
she will lie bleeding in his arms.

YESTERDAY
Jackson must undo it all. 

Jackson has a secret- he can jump into his own past. But when a shocking event propels him further back in time than he has ever been before, he finds he can't return. 
Now Jackson has to find a way to save the girl he loves before they even met, and time is not on his side. 


My Thoughts
Okay, the reason that I bought this was because of the cover, plus I hadn't read any time-traveller books before, and it looked really interesting. I was kind of on other the fence as to whether I should buy this book for a long time before I did, which for why, I have no idea. I mean, the cover looked great, the book looked interesting, so why not? Also, it was in Oxfam, so there was that as well. 

But now that I've read Tempest, I am so glad that I did. Tempest wasn't what I thought it would be in terms of the characters, but I still loved it. 
One of the things that I love about this book (it's a trilogy, I think. It's at least a duology), but it's by a male perspective, which is a breath of fresh air, since most YA books have a female protagonist. 
Plus, the whole time-travelling thing is pretty easy to understand. I picked it up fairly easily. This was actually the case with the entire book. I got engrossed in the plot and the characters fairly easily. Plus the writing was the sort of writing that anyone is able to pick up. 

The plot was actually really interesting. Like there were little twists  (good twists, for once, because they were about a good guy) that impacted the plot, and gave it more of an action twist (a Sci-fi twist too, but time-travellers were introduced at that point, so it turned more Sci-fiy if that makes sense- probably not though...). But yeah, the plot had me engrossed in it from like 35 pages in. I mean, I liked it from the start, but from that point onwards it just had me engrossed in the whole thing.  
(I feel like I'm rambling a lot, so I apologise if I have). 

The characters were really easy to like. Saying that, I don't think had I not liked the characters that it would have made any difference, but it helped that I liked them. 

I was actually surprised how good the writing was, and how quickly I read this book (3 days). The writing was that good. Seriously, anyone can read this book because the writing was that good. Not kidding.

So those are my thoughts on Tempest, by Julie Cross! I have no idea what I'm going to be posting tomorrow, but I'll post something tomorrow anyway! So I'll see you all tomorrow, and... bye!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment