Wednesday 22 June 2016

Ready Player One, by Ernest Clive

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I wasn't sure whether I was going to be doing this review today, because I still had 150 pages left this morning, but funny enough I (somehow) managed to finish it in super quick time!
So without further ado, here's the review!

Ready Player One, by Ernest Clive
Title: Ready Player One
Author: Ernest Cline
Genre: Science Fiction
Release date: 16th August, 2011
Pages: 372
Blurb:                                          THE BREAKOUT SENSATION 
OF THE YEAR.
                       
                                                     Imagine the 
WORLD AT STAKE.

                                                    
                                                      An EPIC STRUGGLE between 
good and evil. 


                                                     The GREATEST QUEST in History.

                                                     The FATE OF HUMANITY
               resting in your hands.

ARE YOU READY?"


My Thoughts
To be honest, this book was kind of all over the place. I mean, it was a decent book, better than average, and there were points when I couldn't stop reading, but I guess I just wanted a bit more. 

I mean, this book was exactly what I thought it was going to be, which was techy, and it was completely unlike anything I've read before, but I just got bored at some points. 
I guess it was a bit too technical. 

Saying that, there were a lot of things about the book that I did like. Like the fact that it all surrounds the 80s. I don't know much about 80s films and video-games, but I can tell you that the music is the best that's been released (of all time! At least, that's what I think). 

Also, despite the fact that the craze is the 80s, the book is set not too far in the future, so you can relate to it, but also far enough in the future that it seems entirely new at the same time. 

In terms of the structure, I really did feel like it was all over the place. It went from being really good to being fairly boring in the space of approximately 10 pages. I think it might have been because it was a bit too technical, and there was too much description, but that's just my personal opinion.  

I liked the characters well enough, but they seemed a bit two dimensional. 

So overall, I did like this book, but it had a couple of faults. It was still really good, though! Completely different to anything I've read before at least. 

And that is all my thoughts on Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline. Sorry this review was kind of vague, but I don't really have that man thoughts on this book. 

So I will see you all on Friday, when I will be doing my June Book Haul- got a fair amount of books to show you all! So, that is all I have, and... bye!

-Abi xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment