Sunday 5 June 2016

Never Always Sometimes, by Adi Alsaid

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And since I stayed up late last night finishing this book, I figured I should review it today!
So here's the review!


Never Always Sometimes, by Adi Alsaid
Title: Never Always Sometimes
Author: Adi Alsaid
Genre: Contemporary & Romance
Release date: 27th July, 2015
Pages: 308
Blurb: "NEVER DATE YOUR BEST FRIEND.
ALWAYS BE ORIGINAL.
SOMETIMES RULES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN.

Best friends Dave and Julia were determined to never be cliche's, so they even wrote their own Never List of everything they vowed they'd never, ever do in high school. 
Some of the rules have been easy to follow, but Dave has a secret: he's broken rule No.8, never pine silently after someone for the entirety of high school. It's either that or break rule No.10, never date your best friend. 
Dave has loved Julia for as long as he can remember. So, when she suggests they do every Never on the list, Dave is happy to play along. He even dyes his hair an unfortunate shade of green. It starts as a joke, but then a funny thing happens: Dave and Julia discover they've actually been missing out on high school.
AND MAYBE EVEN ON LOVE"


My Thoughts
Honestly, it was an okay read. I liked the concept of the whole thing, and the witty dialogue had me grinning throughout the whole book. 
I liked the characters, they were sweet, but they seemed kind of one sided, honestly. I wanted to see a different side, but they were kind of the same throughout the entire book, like they didn't really change much, and things that I normally like about these kind of books is that the characters have changed in some way. And I think that they kind of did, just not much. 
I'll say one thing though. This book was consistent. There wasn't a scene that I didn't like, whether that was because the plot progressed in some way, or because a new character was introduced, but I actually  did enjoy most of the scenes in the book. 
I say most because even though I did enjoy this book, it felt it kind of waned a bit at some of the parts. I felt like there were times when nothing exciting was happening, and I feel like with this sort of book, something should be happening. 
Also, I thought that I'd fly through this book, because that's the norm for me when I'm reading contemporary romances, but I just couldn't get excited about Never Always Sometimes. 
Don't get me wrong, I did quite enjoy this book, and I don't regret reading it, but  I just thought it would be better than it was. 

 So, those are my thoughts on Never Always Sometimes. I know that this review was basically just single sentences, but I really couldn't get excited about reviewing this book, because I didn't totally love this book either. 

So that is all I have for you guys today! Tomorrow I will be reviewing the "Me Before You" film, because I am seeing it later! (Totally bringing tissues to this film). 
So, I will see you guys tomorrow, bye!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment