Monday 6 June 2016

Me Before You Film Review

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And yesterday I saw Me Before You, so today I am going to be reviewing it!

Me Before You Film Review
Okay, I knew that this film was gonna be a tear-jerker because I finished the book not even a couple of months ago, and I started crying even then.
But I was not in any way prepared for the stream of tears that escaped my eyes whilst I was watching it- especially at the end. I actually wasn't the only one crying- everyone that I went with, bless them, were all crying, but I far was the worst (I was physically sobbing).

The fact that I read the book beforehand I think made the whole experience better to be honest. It just made what was happening in the story that much more tragic.

In terms of how it went from book to film, it was pretty flawless. Saying that, JoJo Moyes was the screenplayer, so the film was always going to be incredibly loyal to the book, which is good. They did change a couple of things, like Lou's story, and some of the details, and lines, but that would have been so they could fit the book into the time frame of what a film is. And considering the decisions that they made to get rid of to make it a film, I thought were good decisions.

The characters were perfectly casted in my opinion, they were totally and completely what I pictured them as in the book, and Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin played the characters perfectly. There was no faulting them, at all. (It might be because I saw the trailer before I read the book, but I actually don't think so). Just... perfect casting.

Okay, the music was just perfect. It wasn't like completely out there, but it helped you feel the emotions. It was subtle, that's the word. Just perfect.

If you can't already tell, I absolutely loved this film! Everything was flawless, I actually couldn't find any fault. So, that is all that I have for you guys today! I will see you all on wednesday, where I'm sorry but I'll be doing a review of Cross My Heart, Hope To Die, by Sara Shephard! (I finished it approximately an hour ago).
So, bye!

-Abi xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment