Friday 24 June 2016

June Book Haul (2016)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I am doing my June Book Haul!
I don't have anything else to say, so let's get on to the books!


June Book Haul (2016)
So I bought a total of 6 books this month, and I think, for someone on a budget, that that is pretty good! Here is the list:

1. Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline
                                                                                                                       Okay, I figured you guys already knew I had this book because I had a review up for it on Wednesday, but I still have to include it. Don't really have much to say about this because my review for it is already up, so if you want some more details for it, I recommend you read my review which is below this post.                                                                                                                                Will say that it is about video-games, and it is unlike any other book that I've read and if you have a dream about living in a virtual world, then I highly recommend you read it. 

2. Last Star (The 5th Wave), by Rick Yansey 
I figured, why not? I actually had like no reason to buy this except for the fact that I want to finish another series. Also, at the time, it was going to be one of the options for my "Finish a finale" for my TBR jar challenge, but I decided on something else (Seven Minutes in Heaven, the last book in the Lying Game series). Also, the last two books in the trilogy are so tiny, it would take me no time at all to finish them, so it makes sense. Hope to read this soon (after the Infinite Sea, of course). 


3. Boys Don't Cry, by Malorie Blackman 
Okay, I literally got this yesterday and I've already re-read it again, just because I love it so much. This book is seriously one of my favourites and I've lost count the amount of times I've read it. It's about a boy called Dante who is waiting for his exam results, but when he goes to answer the door, it isn't the postman. It's his ex girlfriend Melanie, and she's holding a baby. His baby. Then she leaves, and he's left looking after Emma (his baby). This book is about his journey as he learns to be a father. Definitely one of my favourites ever, especially as it doesn't shy away from the series subjects in this book, it goes straight into it. Love this book so much, and I highly recommend it. 

4. Passenger, by Alexandra Bracken 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            I wasn't too keen on this book to start with, but now I can't wait to read it. For 1) The cover just looks so smooth and professional colour wise, it just makes me want to read it. And 2) I've heard nothing but good reviews for it. Plus I haven't read many time traveller stories (or read an Alexandra Bracken book come to that) so why not?


5. The Wall of Ascension (Mistborn Book Two), by Brandon Sanderson 
I must be doing a lot of impulse buys this month because, yet again, I bought this on an impulse. One of the reasons that I bought this though was because other than Ready Player One, the Mistborn trilogy was what got picked for my "Read a book that someone else picks", but I chose to read Ready Player One because it was less of a time commitment than this trilogy, but when I saw this book I knew I had to have it. (Plus I got it from Air Ambulance, and it was like £1.49, so it was a win win situation). Also, I'd been really wanting to read the trilogy because, again, the trilogy has got nothing than incredible reviews.         Not going to read this trilogy until I own the entire trilogy though, so it may be a while before I review them, but I'll read it eventually, mark my words. 

6. Life and Death, by Stephenie Meyer
Okay, I'm so glad I've finally got this book! Okay, every time I went to Tesco in Corby I'd see the beautiful hardback copy for half the price, and it killed me every time to not own one yet. But on Monday, I just thought what the heck, and I bought it. And now I'm so satisfied, and I am honestly really truly (scrumptious) sorry, really looking forward to reading it. To be honest, this book is the one that I am most looking forward to reading out of all of them!      If you don't know, this book is Twilight, but all the genders are reversed. All the things are the same, but the story plays out different because it's what would have happened if the genders were switched. Seriously can't wait to read this!


So those are all the books that I bought this month, and no doubt I'll probably buy a whole lot more once I post this, but for now these are the only books that I have to haul! I will see you all on Sunday, when I will be doing my review of "All of the Above", by James Dawson, so look out for that. 
So that is all that I have for you guys today, if you have any thoughts on any of these books, please let me know in the comments below, it really makes my day!
So, byeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment