Monday 20 June 2016

Fangirl/ Mind Games/ If I Stay TBR Jar Discussion

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I admit, up until now, I had no clue as to what I wanted to post today! But I decided (literally just now) that I want to talk about whether I want to read Fangirl, Mind Games, or If I Stay for my "Re-read a favourite book" for my TBR jar challenge.

So here's the post!


Fangirl/ Mind Games/ If I Stay TBR Jar Discussion 
    


Three very different books, yet I love them all, but for very different reasons. It's been quite hard to choose from to be honest, specifically between two of them.
Now what I'm going to be doing in this post is talk about reasons for and against each one, and (eventually) decide what book I'm going to read. (To be honest, I'll probably end up choosing all of them, but if that is the case, I'll list them in the number that I'm going to read them).

In fact, why don't I just do that from the start?

Okay, so... Mind Games.
Okay, so I kind of wrote this book off, especially after some time had passed because out of all of the books, I knew that I was most likely to re-read this book out of all of them, so I think I'll be skipping this one, and just reading the other two, because mark my words, I will definitely be re-reading it. (After the "Slated" trilogy, also by Teri Terry).  


Next... If I Stay, by Gayle Forman, and Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell. 
  

I thought I'd put these two together because my train of thought involved both of them. 
On one hand, more people wanted me to read Fangirl, and I can see why. Fangirl is a cute contemporary romance with characters that anyone can relate to. Plus I read it in one day. I honestly think any teenager would be able to relate to some theme in this book, or even a character. 
On the other hand, Fangirl is the book that I read most recently out of all three, and I don't really tend to enjoy books that I've previously read unless it's been a while since I read it. The last time I read it was November 2015 which, although it isn't that recent, I still feel like I can go a bit longer without re-reading it again. 
Also, the majority of people that I've asked have said that I should read this one.

Now, If I Stay, by Gayle Forman 
I've only read this book once, but I actually loved it so so much. I flew through it in a couple of days. Plus I read it in September of 2014, so the length of time has definitely been long enough. I dunno why, because the story is quite heartbreaking, but it's also hopeful, especially as you can see the relationships. But saying that, it just makes it so much more heartbreaking. 
Right, so back to this. The timing of the book is completely wrong for the timing of the year, but that's really the only thing that I can come up with. (Other than the fact that pretty much everyone else wants me to read Fangirl first). 

Okay, so the decision. Hmmmm... 
...
...
...
Okay, so I have to go with Fangirl, with Rainbow Rowell. Just, the characters are just so relatable. The story is easy going, and I know it won't take me long to finish. 


So that is all that I have for you guys today. Sorry that the posts have been quite late the past couple of days, but hopefully they'll be a little earlier in the days now. 
Did I pick what you expected me to? Tell me in the comments below. 

So I'll see you all on Wednesday, when I'll (hopefully) be posting my review of Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline. So, I'll see you all then! 
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx 



No comments:

Post a Comment