Monday 27 June 2016

Books 21-30 of 2016

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And since I finished my Goodreads Reading Goal for 2016, I need to talk about my 21-30 books that I read!

So here's the post!


21-30 Books of 2016



21. City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2), by Cassandra Clare
Okay, this is the second book in the Mortal Instruments, and this one, I have to say, it is definitely better than the first. Just a heads-up, the majority of this post is going to be the Mortal Instruments series because I did marathon them. 
Okay, what I'm gonna do is just list the titles and the author, and then the picture. Okay? Okay. (It's been a while since I've done that). 


22. City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3), by Cassandra Clare



23. City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4), by Cassandra Clare



24. City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5), by Cassandra Clare


25. City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6), by Cassandra Clare
Okay, half of them are this series. 

But here are the rest!


26. Never Always Sometimes, by Adi Alsaid 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Okay, I thought I'd fly through this, because that is normally the case for contemporaries like this, but I just didn't. The book was good, don't get me wrong, it was, but it just wasn't everything I thought it would be. Saying that I really liked it, because it was about cliches, plus it had romance and crazy fun stuff in it. Recommend it to someone who wants an easy reading contemporary!


27. Cross My Heart, Hope To Die (The Lying Game #5), by Sara Shephard
I think with this series, each book has just got better. This one is my favourite so far because as I said it keeps getting better. There's only one book left, so it's pretty close to the end, and I really can't wait to see how Sara Shephard raps it all up, because honestly, I can't see how she's going to do it, I really can't. I'm super cautious though, and I hope I get to read it soon (it's the book I chose for my TBR jar challenge "Read a series finale"). 


28. Tempest (Tempest #1), by Julie Cross
Okay, this was my first time-travelling book, ever, and it made me want to read more. It is the first book in a (trilogy, I wanna say????) and I can't wait to see what happens next, because it surprised me on how good it is in terms of the plot, and the characters. It just had the whole package, and I recommend it to people who like time-travel books, or for those that want to get into time-travelling books and don't know where to start. Read this in 2-3 days.   


29. Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #1), by Ransom Riggs
Don't really have any thoughts on this book. Just don't think it lived up to the height.  All my thoughts are on my review somewhere on my blog. 

30. Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline 
Yeah, I liked it. It was good. It was different to anything I've ever read at least, and I don't regret reading it. It actuallly surprised me how quickly I finished it, because the plot was kind of all over the place. I recommend this book to Sci-fi loves, seocifically to those who request something different to what they normally like to read. Also to gamers who want to get into reading. 


So those are my 20-30 books of 2016! There are reviews up for every single one of these books, so your free to check them out if you want to know my opinions in greater detail! 
So that is all I have for you all today! On Wednesday I will be doing my June Wrap Up for 2016, so watch out for that! I will see you all then, and I hope you enjoyed the post!

Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment