Wednesday 25 May 2016

Top Ten Series and Trilogies

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I wasn't sure what to do for this post today, but since I did my list of favourite standalones not too long ago, I thought I'd list my favourite series.

Top Ten Series and Trilogies
Now these won't be in any particular order, just like the standalones and also because it would physically hurt me because I love all these series.
So here's the list!

1. The Skulduggery Pleasant series, by Derek Landy
I have the full series now! Like physically own it. I'm gonna re-read this series some time this year (after I complete my Goodreads challenge- I shortened it so I could re-read a couple of my favourite series') because I haven't read the spin-offs and shirt stories. Also, this series is chock-a-block full of action scenes, also the characters are incredibly kick-ass. Recommend to people who want a kick-ass series and unforgettable characters, but isn't too relationship heavy. 


2. The Lying Game series, by Sara Shepard
I haven't finished this series, yet, but I've read four of them (there are reviews on all four of them) and it's one of my favourite series so far. Just the way I feel like I can't trust any of the characters is kind of exciting. The fifth book is due to arrive any day from tomorrow. 


3. The Power of Five series, by Anthony Horowitz
I wasn't sure whether to list this series or not, because this series isn't my favourite as much as the others. There were a couple of contenders instead of this one, like the Medusa Girls trilogy, or the Demonata series, but I think it was mainly the last book that had me gripped from page one. I mean, I loved the first four, because I got to see the five come together, but the last one was just a bunch of craziness. Recommend this series... well to the same as the Skulduggery audience. 


4. The Twilight Saga, by Stephenie Meyer 
Okay, I think most of you know this series. Human girl falls in love with a vampire, and this is the first series' I read religiously. I think this is gonna be another series that I'll re-read after I finish my Goodreads challenge (particularly because Stephenie Meyer released Twilight where all the genders are switched- it's called Life After Death). 


5. The Hunger Games trilogy, by Suzanne Collins
Another trilogy I think most of you will know. It's a rebellion against the capitol, basically. The protagonist is a girl called Katniss Everdeen, and there is this thing that's on once a year, called the Hunger Games. In every hunger games, a girl and a boy from the ages of 12-18 are chosen to take part in the Hunger Games where all the contestants are put in an arena to kill each other. When Katniss' little sister Prim is chosen, she volunteers. And then a whole bunch of craziness happens. 


6. The Harry Potter series, by J K Rowling
Harry Potter is the other series that I religiously followed. I think I got interested in this series when I was like 11 or 12, so year 7, around that time. It took me a while to be able to finish the bigger books (from like book 4 onwards) but it was from then on that I loved this series. I reckon I always will. 


7. Noughts and Crosses series, by Malorie Blackman
I feel like I mention this series in every post, but that's literally because I love this series so much. I got introduced to this series when the year above me did a play of the first book. The teacher said (I specifically remember this): "The play is actually based on a book. Have any of you read it?" And all eyes swivel to me because even in year 8 I was known for being the reader. But after I sincerely enjoyed the play, I decided to pick up the series. 
I'm so glad I picked up this series.


8. The Lunar Chronicles, by Marissa Meyer
I actually love my fairytale Retellings, so if I start a new series of them, if they aren't completely awful, odds are it's going to make it on to my favourite series' list. And this one is near the top of my favourite series, because it's very Sci-fyi, and if there's one thing I love its Sci-fi and worlds set in the future. To be honest I can't believe it took me this long to read it. I mean Cinder came out in 2012, so why I wasn't on this series sooner, I don't know!


9. Fairytale Retellings, by Jackson Pearce
The same applies to this series as the Lunar Chronicles, and even though I've only read half of this series, I already love it so much. Some of the reason that I love this series so much is because I love the way that they lap (the first two at least), and the progression of the characters. Plus the plot I was not expecting. 


10. The Slated trilogy, by Teri Terry
The way I got into this trilogy is kinda strange. I got this book from my ex (boyfriend at the time) , and I am so glad he did. I love this series so much, whenever Teri Terry released the next book in this trilogy, I'd buy it straight away and read it when I got home. This trilogy is totally my favourite out of all of these on this list. Totally recommend it to literally everyone who likes Sci-fi, even a little bit. 


So that is my list of favourite series and trilogies! I hope you enjoyed this post, and if you have any thoughts on any of these series or trilogies, please let me know in the comments below! 
I will see you guys on Friday! Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment