Friday 6 May 2016

Sunshine Blogger Award

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And when I saw a comment at the bottom of my City of Bones review, I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't some nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, that's for sure.
So, this post is the Sunshine Blogger Award!



The Rules:
-Thank the person who nominated you.
-Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
-Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award and write them 11  new questions to answer.


Savannah's Questions
Thank-you so much for nominating me Savannah! I can't wait to do these questions, they look really interesting :)

So let's get to the questions!


1. If you could go back in time to fix a mistake you've made or to change something, what would it be? 
Oh, I'd definitely go back to picking what subjects I want to take for my GCSES, because that did not go well. I picked Music, Drama, PE, with a compulsory language (German) and Art for the design option. I definitely would have changed PE for Media, and gone with a different pathway (so I didn't have to do a language) and gone with Childcare instead (Childcare surprised even me). Hands down. 


2. If you could pick a place in time to travel to, when and where?
I'd love to go to the world of Mind Games (by Teri Terry), because who wouldn't want to love in a Virtual World? I certainly would. 


3. Pick one fictional object you'd like to own. 
I feel like a popular choice for this one is the invisibility cloak from Harry Potter, and I'd pick that one too, because who wouldn't want to roam about someplace completely invisible to everybody (except Mad-eye at least *take a moment to remember the incredible mad-eye*). But I think I'm going to choose something from a videogame, because I honestly can't think of anything. Okay, I'm going to pick the Monado from Xenoblade Chronicles, my FAVOURITE VIDEOGAME OF ALL TIME. The Monado renders the wielder the ability to see the future, which sounds quite awesome. Here's a picture of the Monado:


4. What is your favourite actor/actress? 
I don't really have one, but right now, after A LOT of back and forth, I have to go with Emma Watson.
I mean it was close, there was Anna Kendrick, because of Into The Woods, and the two pitch perfect;
There was Emily Blunt, also because of Into The Woods, and  The Huntsman: Winter's War, she was great in that;
But I had to go with Emma Watson because Hermione Granger, there doesn't really need to be any more reason than that. Also, she played the role of Sam flawlessly in Perks of Being a Wallflower. Also, she is playing Belle in 2017's version of Beauty and the Beast. I'm literally so excited about this, because it's combining a character who loves books in a MUSICAL. A musical. I literally want to time-travel to that (other than the Mind Games world) to go and see Emma Watson in Beauty and the Beast.

5. What is your current favourite tv show?
I don't really watch that many tv shows. None really, but can I change the question a bit and say what tv show I'm most anticipating for this year? That tv show is (you probably know this, if you've been following my blog for a while, but if not, your about to find out). That show is: Series of Unfortunate Events, on Netflix. I seriously can't wait for this to come out. Saying that, I really need to re-read the books before it comes out. I think it's out at the end of September. 

6. Name three fandoms you are a part of.
Three big fandoms: The Harry Potter Fandom. The Hunger Games Fandom. And the Twilight Fandom. Those count right?
 

7. Favourite childhood character. 
There were quite a few characters that I loved when I was a kid. Naughty Amelia Jane, who wrecked havoc with the toys while the children were asleep. Matilda reading and running rings round her parents and Miss Trunchball, and all of Jacqueline Wilson's characters. But one of my favourite characters from one of my favourite childhood stories was by far the title character of Heidi (Heidi). I could just picture up on the mountain with her grandfather with the goats. Everything about that almost calls to me, and I can picture the trees, the food, the view. I love that book so much. 

8. Favourite super-hero film
Don't really watch any super-hero films. Does Spider-Man count?

9. If a zombie apocalypse were to happen, pick your weapon of choices, food of choice, shelter of choice, and fictional character to bring with you. 
Wow, what a question! This ought to be interesting...
Okay, a weapon: Need something that isn't too heavy, but knowing me, if I have to throw it, I'll end up losing it. Plus I may not have time to go back for it afterwards, so knives and things are out. Saying that, a gun would attract more zombies. I'm better off with some kind of sword or bat, really. Okay, I'm going with a bat. 
Next, is food of choice: This one is easy: Cans of different foods, so beans and anything that is easy to store. Oh, and water. Lots and lots of water, because if you drink enough water, you need to eat less, plus you can last for 7 days without food, but only 1 day without water, so water is a definite. 
Shelter of choice: Well, in my opinion, you shouldn't stay in one place for too long, because you shouldn't get trapped in one place when the zombies come knocking, also you'll run out of supplies if you stay in one place for too long. But an old abandoned house wouldn't be too bad, or if that's not suitable, a tent, or any old building that isn't in total meltdown. 
Now, a fictional character to bring along with me... hmmm... this is about to be complete torture: For this the first character that came to mind for this one was so unexpected, seriously! The first thing that came to mind was Levi from Fangirl, because he would be good at keeping the mood up in this disaster, but in the end I decided on the obvious choice, which is Katniss Everdeen! Think about it. She's good in the woods, she can find food too, plus she has the bow and arrows. It seems the kind of go to character for the zombie apocalypse. 

10. Most anticipated book of the year. 
At this point, it's On the Other Side, by Carrie Hope Fletcher. That comes out on the 14th July, last time I checked, but I could be wrong. Also, that is my current most anticipated release of the year, but if you asked me in like 2 months, it'll be different (because more time would have gone by). 


11. If you could choose one book that you'd be able to adapt into a film your way, what would it be and who would you cast, where would you shoot, and who would write the script?
Book- I think I've said this a million times, but I would love to see Derek Landy's Skulduggery's Pleasant become a film. There's magic, fighting, a man with a face full of scars, weapons that can destroy evil Gods, women that can run up walls, and a SKELETON DETECTIVE. Need I say more?
Casting: I feel like Johnny Depp would be awesome as Skulduggery, and his kind of apprentice (Valkyrie Cain, a 12 year old who is thrust into this world, and destroys things that I'm not going to spoil, because that would be a spoiler- it's important to the plot) would be played well by Lilla Crawford, who played Little Red in Into The Woods. Both characters are quite mischievous.
Where Would I Shoot? God, I don't know. Saying that, it is set in Ireland, so somewhere in Ireland. 
Who would write the script? Derek Landy, of course. 

So those are all the questions! Up next: My Nominees!



My Nominees 

So, these are my nominees! You guys don't have to do this post if you don't want to, but it is quite fun :)
So these are my nominees:

Nikki from There Were Books Involved http://www.therewerebooksinvolved.com/
Rummanah Assi from Books in the Spotlight http://booksinthespotlight.blogspot.co.uk/
The Compulsive Reader from The Compulsive Reader http://thecompulsivereader.blogspot.co.uk/
Emilie from Emilie's Book World http://emiliebookworld.com/
Ginger from GReads http://greadsbooks.com/
Sara from The Hiding Spot http://thehidingspot.blogspot.co.uk/
Lisa from Read. Breathe. Relax http://readbreatherelax.com/
Kirsty from The Overflowing Library http://www.overflowinglibrary.com/
Aylee from Recovering Potter Addict http://recoveringpotteraddict.blogspot.co.uk/
Caitlin from The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger http://www.theyabookworm.com/
Sophie from So Many Books, So Little Time http://solittletimeforbooks.blogspot.co.uk/

So those are my nominees! 


Here are the questions for the nominees!

My Questions for the Nominees 
(Well, duh Abi)

1. If there is one book that you wish you could read with fresh eyes, what would it be?
2. What book would you change the cover for?
3. Name a book that you regret reading. 
4. What is your favourite place to read?
5. Favourite book to movie adaptation. 
6. If you could put yourself into the life of one character, who would it be?
7. If you could have one superpower from one book, what would it be?
8. Which character do you love to hate?
9. What would you most like to experience from a book that you can't in real life, for example riding a hippogriff, or experiencing a stimulation (not that you would want to, but just for examples sake) what would you do?
10. If you were stuck in a room with your favourite character of all time (or if you can't decide one of your favourites) and your least favourite (the same as before) who would they be and what would you talk about?
11. What's your favourite fairytale retelling? 


So that is my post today (sorry that it's so long)! I hope everyone enjoyed it, and I'll see you all on Sunday, when odds are I'll be doing my review of City of Ashes, the second book in the Mortal Instruments series! So, bye!

-Abi xxxxx








1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete