Wednesday 18 May 2016

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5), by Cassandra Clare

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I can't believe I finished another Cassandra Clare book! One book left!
Here's the review!

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5), by Cassandra Clare
Title: City of Lost Souls
Author: Cassandra Clare
Genre: Action & Fantasy
Release date: 8th May, 2012
Pages: 542
Blurb: "The New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments continues—and so do the thrills and danger for Jace, Clary, and Simon.

What price is too high to pay, even for love? When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.
 

My Thoughts
First things first. This cover! I mean I love all of them, but I particularly love this one. I just felt like I had to mention it. 

Now, on to the book. I really enjoyed this one. I mean, yes it was incredibly slow, but then the ending just did it for me. 
I am now really looking forward to reading the final book in the series (I can't believe it's the last book already), and simultaneously intimidated by it because it is MASSIVE. 

Okay, back to this book: I think this one is my favourite. It has made me laugh out loud, it made me grin at characters because they did what most of the audience wanted to do when they wanted to do it, it made me want to keep reading all the time!

It kept me hooked, which is rare for me. It's even less likely when it's the fifth book in the series. 

Still love the characters, though some of them are doing what I don't like to see them doing (going behind other people backs). I mean, there is a fair amount of that, but when it's against someone who doesn't deserve it, that's just bad. 

Also, there were some super sweet moments in this book, which I loved. There needs to be more sweet moments in this series, between the action and the fighting. (Not that I don't love the fighting and the action, I do, but I like a bit of romance and sweetness along with it). 

So as you can (hopefully) see from my thoughts on this book, I actually enjoyed it, a lot more than I thought I would, but as much as I hoped. 

So those are my thoughts on City of Lost Souls, by Cassandra Clare! I hope you enjoyed it! 

So, as you can probably tell since I've marathoned the entire series, I am now reading City of Heavenly Fire, the final book in this series (sad face). New that book is intimidating, so you might have to wait a while for that. 
I'm thinking of posting my list of intimidating books soon, so let me know if you want to see that!

So that is all I have for you guys today! I will see you on Friday, and... bye!

-Abi xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment