Monday 18 April 2016

The Huntsman: Winter's War Film Review

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And yesterday I saw the Huntsman: Winter's War!

The Huntsman: Winter's War Film Review
Okay, I know that it is kind of late to do a review of a film that has literally been out two weeks, but I only saw it yesterday, so here goes!

Oh, before I forget, you probably shouldn't see if this you haven't seen Snow White and the Huntsman. I'm not sure if I am going to spoil SWATH (Snow White and the Huntsman), but just in case, I wouldn't. You've been warned.

This film was pretty good. I'm not going to say it was amazing, because it wasn't. But it was a fairly decent film.
It was actually quite a different film to the original. For a start, it was a prequel/ sequel to SWATH, it starts before, during and after the events of the first film. I'd say that you don't have to watch the first film, but it does help it you know what happened.

The plot was also different from the first film. There wasn't an established goal for the first part of the film, which meant for a couple of scenes that it got a bit boring at time, and the goal of getting the mirror wasn't as outlined.

Saying that, that is the negative thing that I can say about this film really. This film may not have outlined the goal, but it was more about loyalties, and relationships, and before you sigh and go off this post (as I undoubtedly would have done), it isn't pathetic and sweet, but they fall back in love (they fell out under false pretences), and it was between a Huntsman and a warrior, so it was them protecting each-other, and learning to trust each other again.
Also, because of the no clear plotline thing, each event that changed what was happening had me shocked, then crying, and then super excited because a good character had just kicked a bad guy in the face or something. I was right there in the story. And although a couple of things happened that I was expecting, those that I wasn't expecting left me shocked.

In terms of how the whole film looked, like the world, visually it took my breath away. Whoever thought of the setting, and did it all visually is genius. Everything glimmered when it needed to, like when they got the mirror, was incredible, as was the ice palace.

Speaking of the ice palace, the antagonist of the film, Freya the ice queen, was a very complicated character. Played brilliantly by Emily Blunt, this character feels things very deeply, and she can hold a grudge. I can't really say anything, because it will spoil the plot, but it was brilliant.
The rest of the characters were great too. This film was less innocent, because some of the characters had a bit of spunk, which I also loved. All the actors: Chris Hemsworth, Charlize Theron and Jessica Chastain, all played the characters incredibly well.

Speaking of which, the script was so smart and funny. The script was just so well written. The spunky and tough characters had me laughing so much with the one liners. Loved the script so much.

So, those are my thoughts on The Huntsman: Winter's War! Although at the start, it was kind of boring, it totally and completely picked up. If you guys are on the fence as to whether you should go see this film, I totally recommend it!

So, bye!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment