Monday 25 April 2016

Me Before You, by JoJo Moyes

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And since I have read three books since Friday (Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon) be prepared for a lot of reviews in the near future! This is the first one in a series.


Me Before You, by JoJo Moyes
Title: Me Before You
Author: JoJo Moyes 
Genre: Romance and Contemporary
Release date: 5th January, 2012
Pages: 481
Blurb:
"Lou Clark knows lots of things. 
She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick. 
What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane. 
Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now, and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that. 
What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time." 


My Thoughts
I don't really know what I was expecting when I started reading this book. I picked it up on a whim, just an impulse, when I saw it at my college's library and I didn't really think about the fact that everyone seemed to love it. I just started it. 
One word. Wow. Loved this book from the beginning. From the first page, the writing: The dialogue and the description, which took me completely by surprise. 
Also, the characters. I'm going to focus on both of them individually, because there is just so much to say for both of them. 
Lou Clark. It was so easy for me to relate to her. She grew up in a small town, and she hasn't left her home town yet. She is super nice and sweet, yet when she is pushed to the limit she has a temper, which I really like about her character. Also, she is quirky, which is a fresh air, compared to most protagonists in these types of books. 
Will Traynor. God, the journey that this character goes on throughout this book. He starts off being a bit snobby and a lot high-maintenance, but as the book progresses, he turns into this wonderful character that learns to love, and it's so great. 
I don't really want to say much about the plot because knowing me, I'll end up ruining it, and I don't want to do that because I want people to read it and find out for yourself what happens. 
The writing though, omg. It just flows. I didn't feel like there was a boring moment in this book. That's why I gave it five stars. 
So overall, this book was perfect and beautiful and heart wrenching, and I loved every minute of it. Totally recommend this book to anyone who wants a heart wrenching love story that will make you cry (that is guaranteed). 

So, those are my thoughts on Me Before You, by JoJo Moyes! I really hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any thoughts, you can always comment! 
So, that is all I have for you guys today! I'll see you all on Wednesday, when I will be doing my monthly book haul! So, bye! 

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment