Friday 8 April 2016

Giving Up On A Book

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And in case you missed the title, and just randomly clicked on this post, today I am going to be talking about what you feel like when you give up on a book.
Enjoy!

Giving Up On A Book
When you finish a book, you get that sense of satisfaction, particularly if you just finished a long one. When you give up a book before it just isn't entertaining you anymore, it's completely different.
For me at least, my brain is wrestling with whether I should keep struggling with the book, in the hope, that it will get better sometime soon, or whether I should just give up on the whole thing.
Also, another factor that comes to mind for me, is how long I've been reading this book before I got to the point of considering putting it down. For example, if it's only been a couple of days since I've begun reading this book, I try to carry on for a bit longer, because I still have some time before the situation gets desperate. However, if I've been reading the book for 5+ days, and I still haven't got past a certain point, then it's more likely that I'll put it down, and choose another book to read.
Although, saying that, it another factor is whether I like the author. For example, if it's a new author that I haven't read before, I am more likely to put the book down and read something else.

So, those are the things that I consider before I decide the put a book down and start something else! I hope you enjoyed it, I will see you guys on Sunday, bye!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment