Wednesday 27 April 2016

April Book Haul (2016)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And even though I still have a bunch of reviews to do, I am so excited about the bunch of books that I bought this month, that I just wanted to do a book haul before May rolled around.
Okay? Okay.

April Book Haul (2016)
I actually bought a whole bunch of books this month! And none of them are contemporary!
So, no more dawdling, I'll start listing them!

1. Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #1), by Ransom Riggs
This is the first book in the trilogy, and the film is coming out in late September (I think), so it seems like the right time to start the series. (Also the trailer made the film look  awesome). 


2. Sweetly (Fairytale Retelling #2), by Jackson Pearce
I already have Sister's Red and I figured, why not get the second one? Also, I want to carry on the series and I like the cover. Have you noticed the moustache out of the trees? It makes me laugh. 

3. Fathomless (Fairytale Retelling #3), by Jackson Pearce
I wanted to continue the series, and I like the cover, plus it looks really good from what I read in the sample on my kindle. I want to read more series this year and starting with a series that I'm already halfway through of, "seems like a good way to go" (cue Twilight)


4. The Dying of The Light (Skulduggery Pleasant #9), by Derek Landy
Okay, I have already read the entire series for Skulduggery Pleasant, but I only used to have books 2-8, so I decided I should the complete series. Therefore, I now have the ninth book, and I am waiting for the first one to get here. Love the cover. Saying that, the back of the book is even better! Here it is:


5. Tempest (Tempest #1), by Julie Cross
I wasn't quite sure whether I wanted to read this book, but I saw it in Oxfam, plus the cover looks super interesting, and its about time travel. Who doesn't love a bit of time travel? The print is quite big, but it's for charity. 


6. Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1), by Leigh Bardugo
Really can't wait to read this. Angry and exciting characters. What seems like an impossible task, and they all seem to hate each-other. Perfect book. Also, afterwards, there is the Booksplotion Liveshow from last year to look forward to after I finish it. 


7. Flawed (Flawed #1), by Cecelia Ahern
I bought this the day that I went to see Teri Terry, sort of like a souvenir. It's a duology, and the second book comes out in March next year. This is Cecelia Ahern's debut YA book, and I'm interested to how it is. 


So that is my April Book Haul! I really hoped you enjoyed, let me know if you have any thoughts on any of the books, it really makes my day! I'll see you all on Friday, when I will be doing my monthly wrap up! Byeeeee! 

-Abi xxxxx









No comments:

Post a Comment