Sunday 27 March 2016

Top Ten Authors

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I can't believe I haven't done this list yet! And I think it's long overdue.
I know this is gonna be incredibly hard to decide what my top ten authors are, and saying that they might not be the authors that I have read the most books by, but let's get on with the post!

Top Authors
My top favourite authors are these, and even though I know it's going to be killer to put them in order, these are my top authors:
Derek Landy, Malorie Blackman, Teri Terry, Jenny Downham, Jodi Picoult, J K Rowling, Anthony Horowitz, Jackson Pearce, Marissa Meyer, and Rainbow Rowell.

So, this is the part that is going to be awful: Numbering them.
So, I will be numbering from ten, all the way down to one. So, let's go!

10. Anthony Horowitz
Although he isn't one of my favourite authors for this series, he is the author of the Alex Rider series. He has also written the Power of Five series, that is the series that made him one of my favourite authors. The series consists of five books, and they centre around 5 gatekeepers that all have specific powers. 10,000 years ago, some creatures called the Old Ones tried to take over the world. But 5 children stopped them, and they are back 10,000 years later, trying to stop them again. Incredible series, the first 4 books focuses on one set of the five (one is based on twins), and the last one is a bunch of craziness. Recommend for action lovers that want to get into reading (though the last one is fairly big).


9. Jenny Downham
Now, I have only read two out of three of Jenny Downham's books, but I thoroughly enjoyed both of them. I cry every time I re-read Before I Die, and Unbecoming was just the whole package. I always fly through her books, and I just love them to pieces. These are her books that I have read:
Before I Die:

Unbecoming:



8. Jackson Pearce
Author of four Fairytale Retellings: Sisters Red, based off of Little Red Riding Hood; Sweetly, based off of Hansel & Gretel; I have read both of these books, but I am yet to read the second half of the series. Though saying that, one of my TBR Jar Challenges is to read a book that is based on a fairytale, so I think the next one will fit the bill. The next book is Fathomless, and it is based off of the Little Mermaid, I'm pretty sure. This is the series:


7. Jodi Picoult
Jodi Picoult is well-known author for adults, and she is also known for writing shocking and book twisty books. Her books take you down a road of things that you will not see coming. I have only read 3 of her books: -My Sister's Keeper
-Nineteen Minutes 
-Lone Wolf
I have loved all three of these books, and all three pulled me down roads where things happened that I didn't think would happen. Full reviews on Lone Wolf and Nineteen Minutes on my blog (somewhere). 


6. Marissa Meyer
Marissa Meyer is the author for the Lunar Chronicles, and the reviews are on my blog. These are also Fairytale Retellings, but they are all Sci-fiish and in the future (5 world wars have happened) and the hype is totally worthy of this series, because these books are just totally... good. I'm sorry, not sure what to say. Here is the series: Cinder, Scarlett, Cress & Snow White.



5. Rainbow Rowell
Rainbow Rowell's books are just so damn cute! When I've finished a big and or long series or trilogy that has me kind of drained, the perfect pick me up is a Rainbow Rowell book. I particularly liked Fangirl, read that book in like a day and a half! Also really liked Carry On, and I am currently reading Eleanor & Park and loving it! Reading Attachments afterwards as well.



Down to 4 books, now this is incredibly hard! 

4. J K Rowling
I don't really need to explain why this author is on this list, do I? She wrote the Harry Potter books, and well they're the Harry Potter books. 


3. Derek Landy
Now these top 3 were incredibly tough. Now, Landy has the bad-ass characters, and the witty dialogue, and the unpredictable plot, but since the Skulduggery Pleasant series is for kids and teenagers, I think it's just a bit too basic, but I still love the series more than most. Plus the covers are awesome! 


Now these last two were incredibly hard to choose from. Malorie Blackman, or Teri Terry? Two authors that made it onto my favourite authors list because they wrote completely different books. Malorie Blackman wrote a dystopian series, and Teri Terry wrote a Sci-fi trilogy. Now who is second... 


2. Malorie Blackman
Okay, now this one was so incredible close, it was unbelievable. And even now, I'm not sure if I've made the right decision! I read Noughts & Crosses for the first time in Year 9, and I've lost time how many times I've re-read this series. You get grabbed in by the characters, and the plot, and it just flows, and it is so hard to find an author that can do that. 
These are the books in the Noughts and Crosses series: 



1. Teri Terry
The Slated trilogy (Teri Terry's trilogy) is unlike anything I've ever read. I mean, I've read a fair amount of Sci-fi books, and the Slated trilogy is by far my favourite. It's set in a completely different world, and it is about a girl that is trying to find out the truth when her memory has been wiped. The characters are a breath of fresh air, and I just love this series so much. 

Also, I loved Mind Games, and I am about to read Book of Lies!


So, that is my top authors! I really hope you enjoyed it, and I will see you tomorrow! Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment