Wednesday 16 March 2016

I'll Give You The Sun, by Jandy Nelson

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And wow, I seem to be wreaking through the books this month, because I just finished I'll Give You The Sun! And so, comes another review! So, let's go!

I'll Give You The Sun, by Jandy Nelson
Title: I'll Give You The Sun
Author: Jandy Nelson
Genre: Contemporary
Release date: 2nd April, 2015
Pages: 429
Blurb: "Jude and her twin Noah are close until a tragedy drives them apart. Now they are barely speaking - and both falling for boys they can't have. Love's complicated." 


My Thoughts
Some people say that good books leave you smiling, happy and satisfied, but great books leave you sad and heartbroken. Well, I'm calling it. I'll Give You The Sun did leaving me happy, but it left me grinning from ear to ear, because it was just that good, to the point that I couldn't think of anything else apart from the characters (and potentially bad considering I was about to go on stage- I was playing a hooker/nun in Sister Act).
I finally get the hype for this book, because it really is all that, just the whole package, but what I love about this book is that it is about twins that stop being friends because of some traumatic event, and one twin's point of view is from before the event, and one takes the place of three years later, and I love this because it let's you see the whole picture.

I read this book because I needed a book that fits the description of "a book that is guaranteed to bring you joy", and this book fit the bill, down to the ground. Highly recommend this book. And if anyone is on the fence as to whether they should give this book a try, you totally should!

So those are my thoughts on I'll Give You The Sun, by Jandy Nelson! I hope you enjoyed this post, and if you have any thoughts on this book, let me know!
I will see you on Friday, and bye!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment