Sunday 21 February 2016

The Lying Game (The Lying Game #1), by Sara Shepard (Re-Read)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And yes, I know that it has been a while since I posted a review, and this one may only be a re-read review, but the next book in the series won't be.
And so, I bring you the review of The Lying Game, by Sara Shepard!

The Lying Game (The Lying Game #1), by Sara Shepard (Re-Read)
Title: The Lying Game
Author: Sara Shepard
Genre: Contemporary, thriller 
Release date: 7th December, 2010 (old right? But still an incredible book)
Pages: 307
Blurb: "I had a life anyone would kill for. Then someone did. 
The worst part about being dead is that there's nothing left to live for. No more kisses. No more secrets. No more gossip. It's enough to kill a girl all over again. But I'm about to get something no one else does- an encore performance, thanks to Emma, the long-lost sister I never even got to meet. 
Now Emma's desperate to know what happened to me. And the only way to figure it out is to be me- to slip into my old life and piece it all together. But can she keep up the charade, even after she realizes my murderer is watching her every move? 
Let the lying game begin."

My Thoughts
Okay, if you like reading about murder mysteries, bitchy girls doing worse pranks on people, and just a sprinkle of romance, then this is the book for you. 
This book is unpredictable and addictive, and that is a dangerous combination because you are constantly on your guard, and suspecting every single character that you come across because as the book progresses, characters that you previously overlooked look increasingly guilty, which is one thing that I think Sara did really well. 
She is also really good at making the characters look like one type of person, and then showing them in a different light. 
The writing was just a knock-out. It wasn't that descriptive, but it had a way of getting to the point, and I really liked that. 
So, those are my thoughts on The Lying Game! I will be reading "Never Have I Ever" next, so, await that review! If you guys have any thoughts on this book, please let me know! And... bye! 

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment